• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Phenom ii x6 1055t @4.13Ghz Newbee Overclocker

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Deniz

Registered
Hi everybody,

Thanks to the overclockers and another forum, I have started my OCing trials and this is currently where I stay at with stability confirmed after hours of gaming and Prime95 test (max CPU temp has hit to 41Celcius on full load),

Check System

@4.130 Ghz I am using 1.425v for the CPU.

NB and Htlink is around 2065mhz.
Cooler kit: Air : Noctua NH-14 (17C idle - 41C full load prime)
RAM kit: Corsair Dominator 1866mhz

So here comes the question;
Concerning the NB speed, does it improve performance OCing it as well or does it just create instability if I OCed more? I stay as closer as possible to 2ghz on NB .

Long story short, is it worthy to OC NB?

And do you think if it is feasible to vmod with my air cooler in use and go for 4.5ghz=just for benching . I honestly don't even know what vmod is and if it is possible to do it with 1055t. Just asking since ppl are talking about it.

Last edited:
It is worth it. It can significantly improve memory performance.

Like always , Thanks trents =)
You are such a knowledable person. What do you think about the vmod?

A vmod is a "Voltage Mod" which means physically soldering things there by voiding warranties, and I don't believe voltage is what will prevent you from taking that chip higher but the fsb of your mobo instead.

A definitely no go area for me then. Well after all I am happy with what I got and quite satisfied.
Thanks for the brief answer.

"vmod", short for "voltage mod" is a term commonly used when voltages are static and not adjustable.

People who want performance out of their GPUs (in cases that GPU voltage can not be changed through software) will physically change the resistance of the circuit on the video card that provides voltage to the GPU, by soldering or desoldering new components to the PCB changing the effective voltage.

CPU Voltage is dynamic, and adjustable by the user in software or firmware (BIOS). vmods have nothing to do with what you want...you would simply dial in the voltage you want in the BIOS instead of sit there, analyze a circuit, measure voltage and calculate what you need to do to it to get a higher voltage.

Back