• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Overclocking Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
thanks for pointing out about the H100 and Lancool Case. In India the Cooler Master costs Rs.3000($60) more than the lancool. I wont be adding the H100 and neither will be changing the case. Thanks for the suggestions trent.

Hey Dj,

You seem to have the exact same problem which I had when I hit to 250fsb barrier. Guess what ? Now I am all the way up to 295mhz fsb with 14x multiplier.

Here is what I did and how I did it,

First of all you need to start with;
-14x multiplier
-Cpu core v 1.425 (which is actually the default volt when turbomode is activated)
-Set FSB to 255mhz
-Make sure your Htlink and NB speed is hitting no more than 2000mhz. (play with it and you will find a nice multiplier that lets NB stay lower than 2000mhz.

Set TurboMode Disabled,
Quiet Mode disabled,
PCI spectrum disabled,
CPU Unlock mode disabled.

Now here is the most crucial thing,

Set your RAM CAS to a slower ground such as 10T or even 11T
I am using 10T 9T 9T 24T and so far no issues.
If this method fails try such 10T 10T 10T 27T or 11T 11T 11T 27T

And if you can now boot,
VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT,
always carry on with 5 fsb increment. (You are getting the system ready for it by doing this)
Dont forget to set the NB-HTlink-Ram multiplier as you set the FSB to higher clocks.
With every increment check it with cpu-z & hardware monitor. Be patient, dont rush to 300mhz at once.

With stock cooling and without any extra voltage (as v.1.425 is the factory default for 1055t on load) you should be able to boot up to 286 FSB which should give you 4004mhz in return with 14x multiplier. (WARNING if you want to use it daily buy an aftermarket cooler)

Since there is no extra voltage rushed to CPU, it is not a fatal operation (considering you keep HTlink and NB at around 2000mhz)

IF this suggestion fails in 255mhz fsb,
- Give one more step of voltage (like 0.020v I suppose) to NBridge
- Give one more step of voltage (like 0.020v I suppose) to Vdim
- Set CPU with v.1.45
and see how it goes

I hope you can make it. I am currently on NOCTUA 14H
with 4130mhz , 14x 295mhz FSB v.1.425 CPU 1055T 6x cores enabled
ram set to 10-9-9-24 (that was edited as I typed wrong)
CPU cores are 17C idle 40C on heavy load with Prime and with gaming. No issues .

over 295mhz FSB I can't boot though and it is most likely to do with my dominator Rams from Corsair +1866mhz complients but slow T s.

http://img.donanimhaber.com/upfiles/416527/70246226E5264CC3A2AF75AA25755A0D.jpg

Last edited:
Beware. A system is just that: a system. A different combination of components generally gives different results and will not necessarily respond the same to plugging in the same values. Values that work for one system often do not work for someone else' and so we generally shy away from "plug and play", bios value copying in our overclocking help around here.

Hi trents again,

I agree to your concern %100 and I guess everybody who is into OC have the common sense of what you have expressed above. Nothing is guaranteed, and there is always a risk factor around the corner that hardware damages could occur or same settings may not result same.

But all in all, we share our similar experiences which have leaded us to either success or failure. I have checked this thread and I have seen nowhere noone mentioning about the CAS times which in my case was the issue which created the wall at 250mhz fsb.

I think that was worthwhile to share. On the other hand I suggested him to even lower his cpu voltage back to normal (which is a better suggestion for CPU health than offering someone to increase voltage if he cant get it to boot afterall)

However, looking back at my message, I think I shouldn't have mentioned that he should be fine until 4004mhz with 286mhz fsb for sure. So dj please consider this case was only valid in my situation.

Best,
Deniz

Last edited:
I think you had some good suggestions about the memory latency but what I was reacting to was the large number of other recommendations in conjunction with that. Giving advice is what we are about here but its better to limit it to one or two issues at a time rather than systemically.

Thanks for the suggestions, Deniz..the people here are really nice...I am happy with my 3.5Ghz and do not want to put any more pressure to the proccy. Currently I have my NB and HT link both set to 2.5Ghz and my RAM at 1600Mhz.Is that OK?? By the way, I am facing another problem. I want to build a custom AMD PC for my gf but i cannot find Thubans anywhere. The retailers are saying that those are out of stock and the online sites are saying Permanently Discontinued. What's happening Guys ???? If Thubans are not available I have to go with the I5-2500, which is a little bit expensive.

Hi Dj,

My colleague has just got a FX4170 which is also cheap and nice am3+ cpu. Thubans are not produced anymore I guess ..

If you want something affordable yet nicer than 1055t or 1090t you may look for it. I5 2500k is better but yet more expensive as you figured.

I think my next CPU will be either 3770K or 3930K since my mobo is not compy with newer amd cpus I ll have to change it anyways. Nevertheless, I ll wait until 4rd generation intels make it to the market. Just my thoughts.

Back