• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Phenom II x6 1055T Thuban 2.8ghz Overclocking Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Woops, I misspoke in post #35. I should have said "lower" multiplier. But you got it right in spite of me. I was still thinking divider.

By the way, CPU-z reports memory speed at half the DDR3 transport rate because it's reporting in terms of the memory bus speed (ugh! Another term!) which is a more basic idea. That's why I expressed it as 533/1066.

Ohhh ok. I see now. I was so confused as to why you did that haha. I won't bother raising the ghz from 3.3ghz until i get proper cooling and watnot. Thanks for all the help, i think i can do some of this on my own now. I'll definitely come back here for referencing and interaction with the community.

Once again, thanks.. you definitely rock :attn:

So when you see 533 in CPU-z, think 1066. When you see 666, think 1333. When you see 800, think 16000, etc.

The other thing I wanted to come back to is the effect of overclocking with the system bus (CPU frequency). It is the master bus of the computer and there are three subsystems that march in lockstep with it. Namely: the ram frequency, the HT Link frequency and the CPUNB frequency. When you raise the system bus these other three things get faster along with it. If any one of them exceeds what it can handle the system will become unstable. That's why you have to back in bios and lower those multipliers. The HT Link is very sensitive that way and doesn't like to exceed the stock 2000 mhz by much at all and there is no real performance advantage in trying to do so anyway. The CPUNB can handle a larger amount of overclocking than the HT Link and will often be stable at 2600-2800 with a little bit of extra CPUNB voltage. Overclocking the CPUNB has some definite positive effect on memory performance since its part of the integrated memory controller. The ram can usually be overclocked to some extent but since the AMD integrated memory controller is rated at 1333 mhz the ram can often not be overclocked to the full extent of its limits.

Overclocking with a "black edition" CPU is simpler because you don't have to increase the system bus; you just raise the multiplier. Next time, consider getting a black edition CPU.

So when you see 533 in CPU-z, think 1066. When you see 666, think 1333. When you see 800, think 16000, etc.

The other thing I wanted to come back to is the effect of overclocking with the system bus (CPU frequency). It is the master bus of the computer and there are three subsystems that march in lockstep with it. Namely: the ram frequency, the HT Link frequency and the CPUNB frequency. When you raise the system bus these other three things get faster along with it. If any one of them exceeds what it can handle the system will become unstable. That's why you have to back in bios and lower those multipliers. The HT Link is very sensitive that way and doesn't like to exceed the stock 2000 mhz by much at all and there is no real performance advantage in trying to do so anyway. The CPUNB can handle a larger amount of overclocking than the HT Link and will often be stable at 2600-2800 with a little bit of extra CPUNB voltage. Overclocking the CPUNB has some definite positive effect on memory performance since its part of the integrated memory controller. The ram can usually be overclocked to some extent but since the AMD integrated memory controller is rated at 1333 mhz the ram can often not be overclocked to the full extent of its limits.

Overclocking with a "black edition" CPU is simpler because you don't have to increase the system bus; you just raise the multiplier. Next time, consider getting a black edition CPU.

Definitely. Before i bought this processor, i was thinking about getting the 1090T Black Edition.. but money was an issue, so i picked the cheaper one. I knew i should've shelled out the extra 30 bucks ;P

Thanks a lot for the info, you've been a great help dude.

im havin kind of same problem, need help please :rain:

i do not understand what is my real temp:bang head and should I overclock my 1055t or not
specs:
amd phenom ii x6 1055t 125w with cooler master hyper 212 evo
Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3
HIS 7770 icooler
cooler master 550w extreme power supply

all the pics were taken during torture test in prime95

cpuidg.png

easytune6.png

overdrivej.png

here are a few pics of my rig
dsc06004u.jpg

dsc06005cs.jpg