• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD PHENOM X2 GUYS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

twistedGSR

I jus picked up a phenomx2 560BE for a buck...bought a cheap case and used an old power supply.. Got the 3rd core unlocked and frequency overclocked to 3.9ghz STABLE at 1.2 volts. Was gonna push this little bad boy a little further but id jus like some input on wat overclocks you more experienced guys achieved with the phenom x2.

-tony

Tony, how, what did you use to test stability at those settings?

I hope you mean $100 when you say "buck" Otherwise I'm going to cry.

Did you try to get the 4th core unlocked? I think 3.9 is pretty good especially at 1.2v What are your temps?

Are you sure you're not looking at the CPU/NB voltage? That CPU's stock voltage is 1.375v if I recall correctly...

Are you sure you're not looking at the CPU/NB voltage? That CPU's stock voltage is 1.375v if I recall correctly...
And it probably needs more than that for 3.9 GHz!

These CPUs will run stock speeds under-volted, though. My 940BE was running OCCT for several hours at it's stock 3.0 GHz @ 1.15 vCore ... ;)

OK I stand corrected for the 1.2 volt typo in which i really mean was 1.4 volts LOL... But yea so far for testing I haven't been using anything serious just stability test, cpu-z and speed fan.
System cleared bios fine at 4ghz lol but crashed at login screen so I adjusted the ht reference to 235 from 239. So far so good full system boot @ 3.8 When i tried benchmarking with stability test I notice temps between 50-70 MAX gonna look into some real cooling other then this mickey mouse stock setup.
I think my hundred dollars was well spent with the phenomx2560BE, unlocked cores and very easy overclock.
1487177.png

I will be running stability test tonight for 12 hours @ 3.8 if all goes well system should be stable at stock cooling setup. Obviously temps are gonna be on the high side but im quite pleased with the build. Looking into another motherboard and seeing what a overclocked phenom x6 can do.

Back