• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD RX Vega 64 Clock Speeds and Benchmarks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeh it's definitely one of those things that you don't know you need until you've tried it ahaha. I did used to notice the tearing but didnt know what it was or that it could be fixed.

I'm still on a 60hz screen because I've tried 144hz and can't tell, but I imagine if I owned one then tried to go back to 60 I'd know haha. That said how many new games are playing at over 60fps on ultrawide anyway. Warhammer 2 averages 55fps. Admittedly not a game where you need the high response times.

In other news I've found these dx12 tests from last month where Vega is doing well

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/amd_radeon_rx_vega_64_8gb_review,20.html

Yep looks like I made the right choice as usual!

:p At least for 1 game its true right now ;) Course over time yes it will improve performance as they unlock the potential of the card. Thing is at least with the new cards, its not the GPU but the RAM that seems to be the winning part of the card. The higher you clock it the better with results getting so close to each other with the 56 and 64 its impressive I think. I've been an ATI/AMD fan for ages, sadly this last upgrade I went to the dark side and I need power right now, not a little ways down the road.

Weather AMD actually plans for performance improvements on purpose on release and within the first year or not, actually I've always thought it was cool. Added performance of 10-20% for free in the long run, like a nice investment maturing over time.

Back