• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD superpi score

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
TimoneX said:
6Ghz for 24s? That's doesn't seem all that impressive. There are FX55s around getting 25-26s at just over 3Ghz. The test doesn't seem all that kind to Intel chips though.

and is it possible to clock the fx55 much higher the 3ghz?? don´t think so.. =) are still looking for the link... think it was lower than 24 sek thou!

Yeah I've seen 3.5Ghz presumably on phase cooling, but I'm not going to turn this into an Intel vs AMD debate.

Overclocker550 said:
I get 34s at 266x9 2.5-3-3-10 This is 200MHz lower cpu clocks, half the cache and more relaxed ram timings. Very close to a draw :) we both got equally good cpus

Must be windows XP. :D

I reckon with windows 2000 id get around 25seconds. :rolleyes: :D

TimoneX said:
Yeah I've seen 3.5Ghz presumably on phase cooling, but I'm not going to turn this into an Intel vs AMD debate.

Yeah, wow, i mean so many people have that cooling and reach that. :burn:

TimoneX said:
6Ghz for 24s? That's doesn't seem all that impressive. There are FX55s around getting 25-26s at just over 3Ghz. The test doesn't seem all that kind to Intel chips though.

There is a patch out for the Pressies that makes the test more even...

Grov said:
Must be windows XP. :D

I reckon with windows 2000 id get around 25seconds. :rolleyes: :D

Actually 2000 is slower then XP when it comes to super pi and pi fast.

Yeah I know about the patch as we were discussing the ethics involved in it's application previously in this very thread.

Oh jeez don't get OC550 started on the XP bashing. :p

TimoneX said:
Yeah I know about the patch as we were discussing the ethics involved in it's application previously in this very thread.

Oh jeez don't get OC550 started on the XP bashing. :p

He can bash all he wants...but in reallity...XP and W2k both have there good and bad points...XP is better at calcs then W2K...W2K is better for benchmarks then XP...but both are great gaming OS's

The XP - W2K debate is just like a Intel - AMD debate...you will always have fans of one or the other saying this and that to prove the other wrong...when all it comes down to...not who is faster...but what is better for the way the user uses their system...

glock19owner said:
He can bash all he wants...but in reallity...XP and W2k both have there good and bad points...XP is better at calcs then W2K...W2K is better for benchmarks then XP...but both are great gaming OS's

The XP - W2K debate is just like a Intel - AMD debate...you will always have fans of one or the other saying this and that to prove the other wrong...when all it comes down to...not who is faster...but what is better for the way the user uses their system...

While i hear what ya saying, at least an AMD Vs Intel argument has some merit, as both CPU's do different things, quite a bit better than the other, and in most peoples eyes, AMD are better at the mo.

With XP vs 2000, it's just like meh, so what. 2 frames per second in a 3dmark 01 score.

Anyways, lets not go there. ;)

I found out today that super pi can actually be limited by your hard drive... Running it from an external USB 2.0 hard drive produced some lower times... I think it has to do with the intesne file writing it does...

I managed to knock a second off my 1M time with some Platinum R2 memory:

Attachments

• SuperPi_31s.jpg
    SuperPi_31s.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 110
saidiwas said:
found it!!!

From the looks of some scores on this thread, there's a good chance you got the patched version. That's what guys are saying on Extreme: to the uninitiated, you can't tell the diff between the genuine and cheat, fake, imposter, or whatever you want to call it.

I hit 30 sec last night at 2760 mhz, original version. I know it's the original as I've been using it the last two years :). I have five rigs including P4, P3, XP, A64, DDR, RDRAM, S754, S939; dozens of motherboards and sets of ram, and I can tell what is plausible and what is not - with the original PI anyway.

Clevor said:
From the looks of some scores on this thread, there's a good chance you got the patched version. That's what guys are saying on Extreme: to the uninitiated, you can't tell the diff between the genuine and cheat, fake, imposter, or whatever you want to call it.

I hit 30 sec last night at 2760 mhz, original version. I know it's the original as I've been using it the last two years :). I have five rigs including P4, P3, XP, A64, DDR, RDRAM, S754, S939; dozens of motherboards and sets of ram, and I can tell what is plausible and what is not - with the original PI anyway.

To my knowledge the only patched "cheat" version is the one that effects systems utilizing SSE3 and currently that's only Intel based systems and since this is, at least primarily, an AMD superPi result thread I don't think there's much risk of large score variation caused by different versions.

Spion said:
wow.... my barton sucks.... 41sec...

No that's not bad for a Barton around that speed. Mine don't do much better at much higher clocks. The test just isn't all that friendly to XPs.

Back