• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD superpi score

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Interesting memory timings you're using cmitchellfly. Have you compared them to 2.5-3-3-7?

Overclocker550 said:
lol its your weak ondie controller man, I can hit a little over 250fsb with my ondie stably and can do 3dmark runs in the low 260s with the occasional crashing. I tried 3-4-4-10 timings and it didnt help so this is more proof the rams not maxed.

Or he has some bad sticks of ram :rolleyes:

Friend had some bh-5 that wouldnt do 2-2-2-5 at 230fsb even with 3.5v....

Not all tccd does perfect.

with the SSE2 patched version i got 31sec. now if i just give my ram some more voltage, maybe i can get into the high 20's :)

Last edited:
Of course we shouldn't take SuperPI 1M scores tooooo seriously :).

SuperPI, particularly on a P4 board, should be taken with a grain of salt. P4 boards at extreme clocks can barely boot Windows, yet never fail SuperPI 1M. Guys always show screenies of extreme fsb, memory bandwidth, and SuperPI 1M to 2M. When it won't last five seconds in 3DMark2001.

With A64s, it's 50/50. Some CPUs can bench all 3D yet fail 1M; the other half can pass 1M but blue screens as soon as you click on the 3DMark2001 icon.

SuperPI 1M scores should be posted where the rig is totally 3D stable. SuperPI 16M, which usually takes at least 13-15' on the fast rigs these days, is a bit more accurate indicator of speed and stability. That's probably a better score to do comparisons.

im curious to see how well amd does with the "cheat" on the venice cores (that is the SSE3 one, right?)

Aphex_Tom_9 said:
well, i'm prime stable for 2 hours at this speed, and i played UT recently, so im stable.

Oh I didn't mean you or anyone in particular :). Hell, you're on a Prommie.

That's a fantastic score for an XP. I assume it's not entirely stable at 2845?

TimoneX said:
That's a fantastic score for an XP. I assume it's not entirely stable at 2845?
Not exactly...but thanks for the congratulations. That is on my watercooling, with a box fan blowing over the heatercore, so the temps were about 32 idle, no idea what they were load. 1.94vcore, 2x256 BH-5 2-2-2-11 CPC1t, I can only be in windows at 2.86 and that is highly unstable, I have done no stability testing at 2845mhz, I just finished the cooling. I am sure I can get it down to 35 seconds by tweaking it, but as I have no control of my dorm room heat, I can't really make it cold (roommate might complain some too). I would love to see what this chip does under a prommie.

Same exact stepping and week code as my best XP. They're something else. :p

My SuperPI 1M time: 1'48".

Multis were not working properly on the NF8 board and CPUZ said I was running 250x4. So I ran SuperPI 1M: yup.

Hey that's fast for 1000 mhz; ram was 250 at 2.5-2-2-5!

TimoneX said:
Same exact stepping and week code as my best XP. They're something else. :p
What did your chip do? Max I could Pi at when using my SP-97 with a Tornado was 2.78ghz, anyone want to loan me a cascade, or even a prommie or LS? :bday: :drool: :burn:

2.72Ghz was tops on the AN7 on water at ambient. Never hit it with more than 1.9v. Now I have a chiller and kinda want to see what it could do with some H2O well under freezing, but it'd be a pain to move everything around. I'm running it under an SLK-948u now on an old KD7g at 185x14 as a whisper quiet home theater centerpiece. Easily the best bang for the buck processor I ever bought.

I can't really use anything more than 1.94v, I wish I could pump 2 though it and do a bit better.

Send it to me and I'll fry it for you bro. :)

The laws of diminishing returns seemed to set in with mine. It appeard that it would take a large jump(.1v) or so to get a tiny bit more. Not worth it.

Back