• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE AMD Trinity A10-5800K APU Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

AMD's 2012 A-Series platform has arrived, and with it, some exciting new technologies. The code name 'Trinity' has been assigned to this latest AMD APU offering, which features the introduction of a new x86 core architecture, called 'Piledriver'. So, let's have a look at this Trinity APU and see what the new technologies bring to the table.

... Return to article to continue reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
A well written and informative article :) I was hoping to get some clue from the Trinity review about how the Vishera piledrivers might fare compared to my 1090T Thuban. It's upgrade time for me and I've been waiting waiting for the latest from AMD. I'm told elsewhere to expect anywhere between 9-15% more out of piledriver discrete parts clock-to-clock when compared to bulldozer.... These newest Trinity's appear to be perfect for my next few entry PC builds to sell.

Excellent article and wow did AMD make some advances on the iGPU side! CPC performance is MEH, but hey... what can you do?

I'd just like to point out that Dino received this hardware on Thursday the 26th. I'm usually the one under the gun for these quick-launch CPU reviews, but as I was out of town and too busy to complete it after getting back, he agreed to write this review. With less than a week of having hardware in-hand, including a day and a half of his own being out of town, he did a stellar job. Thanks for stepping up and handling this Dino, and for doing a great job with it to boot!

As far as the desktop chips, I'm told they are coming. I can't say when for obvious reasons, but there are rumors out there if you look hard enough. :)

Great review!

I'm seriously looking at the A10-5700 w/ 65w TDP for use in a gaming version of the mini-computers I've been building. The astonishingly low price, combined with better graphics performance than Intel HD 4000 graphics found in the Ivy Bridge CPU's, would make this a great portable gaming rig. :cool:

As far as the desktop chips, I'm told they are coming. I can't say when for obvious reasons, but there are rumors out there if you look hard enough. :)

Desktop Chips here having the meaning of FX-8350? (Vishera)

I had seen some rumours they would be late this month, those same rumours stated October 2 for Trinity, they were bang on for that, obviously.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I hope you all enjoy the review!

While hokiealumnus is quick to give me all the glory on this one, truth be told he was also a large part of helping me through the process. I shudder to think what might have been had he not been available at the drop of a hat to answer questions along the way. For that I am grateful, thanks Jeremy!!

Nice Review.I was Busy Reading up on It this morning aswell.Im 1 of the biggest fans of AMD Consider that im from South Africa and my CPU cost me R1500 Incl Vat where Intel I5 2500k cost R2000 ex vat.Im still alittle Disappointed in AMD's cpu at the moment altho its is a good improvement.Im looking forward to the Steamroller as my Bulldozer fell short of what it should have been.

This has me more excited than can be considered normal. I want one but I have no use for it. I'm trying to convince my girlfriend to let me build her a computer with one. :)

Nice review, is there any chance you noted the single core score in cinebench with the processor overclocked? I haven't been able to find it but mathed (yes, mathed) it out to roughly 1.2.

Nice review, is there any chance you noted the single core score in cinebench with the processor overclocked? I haven't been able to find it but mathed (yes, mathed) it out to roughly 1.2.

No I did not, but that number is probably pretty close.

And I was so impatient to wait a month I bought a 3650 FM1 :( Great review. About to order one from Newegg.com pretty soon as a nice HTPC/light gamer.

Back