• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED AMD ZEN Discussion (Previous Rumor Thread)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Can't be any worse than FX right? At least in my mind, the 4C/8T should easily exceed the FX8xxx series performance wise. If AMD's numbers are to be believed, that should be true, but we shall see....

Not knowing is what's going to make it fun. My plan is to max it out on water and go from there.

They must have updated it... it said, somewhere, lol, that there wasn't a 6c/12t part because the 'base' are quad cores.

I read it as the 6c/12t is in process, but will not be in the initial release.

Still the way I read it, there's nothing definite about a six core coming from AMD sources.

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/

31.01.2017 um 14:45 Uhr Aus Thailand stammt das Gerücht, AMD werde mit der ersten Ryzen-Generation Summit Ridge keine CPUs mit sechs Rechenkernen anbieten. Möglicherweise könnten die CPU-Complexes genannten Module nur als Ganzes und nicht teildeaktiviert werden. Das würde jedoch den bisherigen Gerüchten zu Sechskernern widersprechen.

Translated....

31.01.2017 at 14:45It is rumored from Thailand that AMD will not offer CPUs with six core cores with the first Ryzen generation Summit Ridge. Possibly the CPU-Complexes mentioned modules could only be deactivated as a whole and not partially. This would, however, contradict the previous rumors about six-core.

:shrug:

Last edited:
So this site is saying there is only 2 modules, each having 4 cores and only a single module can be shut off at a time.

I can't imagine only two offerings, besides having a bunch of quads at different clock speeds, the same with the octo core cpus.

If this is going to be like FX, get the lowest binned chip and OC it to a higher clock speed and they are all essentially the same.

I'm getting the fast one XD

Back