• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Announcing Sandy/Ivy Superpi Challenge

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, I've officially hit a wall. Maxed out the voltage available on my motherboard (1.7V). 5.3GHz is a no go. In other news, I did manage to tie dejo's score. Ram won't do anything more either. Looks like it may be time for a trip to the egg.

Sounds like its time for a new motherboard.

Just hit 5.4ghz mem at 2400 score was 6.867 but crashed when trying to take screen shot when running a program to show 5.4ghz got to remember to turn off the green setting

That really says something about that motherboard, too. If I hear someone say the Extreme4 isn't good for OCing, I'm pointing them at you :p

A note: What do you have LLC set at? (Assuming the extreme4 can set it) A higher setting may give you more vcore under load and hence a higher ceiling.
Go easy on it starting, some boards it will add as much as 200mV when you wind LLC all the way up. I don't see the CPU living at 1.9v very long on air. Even on LN2 >1.9v tends to be fatal after not that long. Naturally the better the CPU the faster it dies :(

Think i done for tonight (foot in mouth) shes beep-beep-beep x3 then resets to stock clocks

If wife goes to bed might try agian

That really says something about that motherboard, too. If I hear someone say the Extreme4 isn't good for OCing, I'm pointing them at you :p

A note: What do you have LLC set at? (Assuming the extreme4 can set it) A higher setting may give you more vcore under load and hence a higher ceiling.
Go easy on it starting, some boards it will add as much as 200mV when you wind LLC all the way up. I don't see the CPU living at 1.9v very long on air. Even on LN2 >1.9v tends to be fatal after not that long. Naturally the better the CPU the faster it dies :(

I'm also using the Z68 Extreme 4. Love the thing. I see you guys are going to make me really push it huh? I was happy with the score I had, now everyone wants to get all serious.. Fine. I'll mess around some more. :mad:

gt, you know there is some more left in the tank. and you know you love these challenges.

I loaded the microxp and efficiency was exactly the same. gotta be something that Im not catching.

what I am saying is that my efficiency sucks balls right now

Operant|3770k|Air|6.875

Sounds like its time for a new motherboard.

I think it is. I might move to a MVG or a MVF.

Well, I can attest to its ease of use for average overclockers. The stuff you guys do, not so much. :p I have the LLC set to level 1 (100% so no vdroop).

Also, sorry for the delay on the image:
9.PNG

I can bring a little more.

Attachments

• ocf-pi-6-828.JPG
    ocf-pi-6-828.JPG
    272.8 KB · Views: 56
Looks like a good score. You delidded and replaced TIM right?

Yes I did. Twice. Second time I was more generous with the Liquid Pro and got well over a 30C temp drop @ my 4.8ghz overclock.... This is my first time playing around with less cores and no HT.

Yes I did. Twice. Second time I was more generous with the Liquid Pro and got well over a 30C temp drop @ my 4.8ghz overclock.... This is my first time playing around with less cores and no HT.

What kind of temps swings are you getting for this? Load vs idle?

I am having an issue. When I am overclocking and doing a run, sometimes i will get a popup window that says some process has stopped, then gives me 1 minute then shuts windows down. I don't kow what the issue is. I just built this xp using nlite. It is pissing me off.

Last edited:
Back