• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Announcing Sandy/Ivy Superpi Challenge

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I know 1 thing that can. but its not the hdd or ssd. but not too far off, and only under certain circumstances

Im actually not sure that ramdisk will help in the 1m test, it can in the 32m test if you have fast enough ram. I do think they are outlawed for the bot submissions though

Getting there...
3.PNG

However, 5.2GHz has eluded me thus far. I went all the way up to 1.56V for vcore with Windows 7 still not booting. Hopefully XP can make it

1.56V is too much for air/water. Cpu in this case won't pass anything just because is overheating when you load it even for couple of seconds. You will probably get 124 error entering Win7 on too high temp/voltage.
1 tip , disable HT to drop temps a bit.

I only made some fast runs on i5 3320M based notebook :p ... but forgot to use wallpaper , ~11.78s was best without any special tweaking ;)

The thing is, when I boot into windows on 5.1, I'm only looking at about 60 C when running SuperPI :confused:

I should also add that the 60C figure I noted was with all but one core disabled along with the iGPU not in use. Still, what would be a safe max for air when temps are this low? I'm seeing a couple people stating 1.50-1.55V.

Some Ivy's have less distance from ihs to die (different amounts of glue under between the pcb and ihs) and hence get better contact, and temps.
:shrug:

Some flat, some concave, some convex? Last I checked these were all pretty flat (not C2D days). I would have to imagine other factors would make a bigger difference than mere parts of a mm would...(voltage used and leakage to name two)... though I could be wrong too. :D

Back