• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Announcing Sandy/Ivy Superpi Challenge

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I got another voltage question for you all. I'm currently running 1.65V on my ram. Can I push it higher?

Also, might have a better score coming in soon! :)

yes im going to be pussing 1.85v :clap:

need to use my main rig the H100 blew up :shock:

Why not? I'd go as far as 1.8v depending on the chip...1.75v is plenty and should help with most IC's (some don't scale too well with more than 1.7v, some need close to 2v and cold to go farther...)
lol ninja'd
2x4gb is a good idea, even single stick might be worth a try ;)

Most ram that is rated at 1.65v can do 1.7v without issues if you keep it cool.
Beyond that, it varies hugely by sticks.

Ha, well, same answer. 1.7v if you keep 'em cool should be ok.
Taking two sticks out will most likely let the remaining two go higher on the same voltage though.

Oh, that sucks...Good luck, hopefully you won't end up with cuts.

I've unfortunately done much worse with a soldering iron :bang head:
Ha, well, same answer. 1.7v if you keep 'em cool should be ok.
Taking two sticks out will most likely let the remaining two go higher on the same voltage though.

Looks like 2 sticks are coming out!

Also, GoD_tattoo has been officially dethroned. Not sure if I should put up my fastest score yet though... :p

yeah gave my mom my 212+ evo and had nothing else lol

also thought the mem did oc but it did lil tired :facepalm:

was going to use the 980X cooler i had but think i trashed it XD

but going to try it on water when i feel like taking apart the main rig and then install xp :p

new target, I realize now that I hosed the screeny and didnt switch over to mem on one of the cpuz's. but nonetheless here is a new target for you gentlemen.

Attachments

• ocf-pi-6-906.JPG
    ocf-pi-6-906.JPG
    285.2 KB · Views: 56
then that should keep us both working. nothing like some tight competition.

nice work there by by way.

we should all know that supi 1m is more about mem speed than timings though, you should be able to crank some speed and get some better times coming. my board doesnt like the rams that I have so can really crank timings and being an sb chip doesnt like more speed than I am using. I could prolly squeeze a little more out by dropping the multi and upping the bclk, but wont gain a ton as I can only go to 2200 or a little more

32m timings come into play hard, not so much on 1m. worry about speed first and foremost

Ah, that must have been what they were talking about when I read up on it. Well, I just got one to top yours (credit to you for pointing out my stupidity :p ). I think I have the benching disease now... Already looking up better ram for this

Back