• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec EarthWatts 750W Modular PSU any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
never used it but antec makes some decent psu's... you should compare the price of that one to a corsiar psu then decide.. corsair psu's are top notch

I wuld confirm its on the PSU sticky of approved PSU's. Be sure to look at the link to EOCF at the bottom of that same sticky. Im sure it will be fine but there are better for the money.

Im sure it will be fine but there are better for the money.
For £89.99 from that site I don't see anything better in 750W range. TX750 is a CWT PSH and EA750 is a Delta. I dunno what to say, if he wants modular EA750 is perfect fine.

i need a psu with 4 pcie power plugs thats why im looking at that one,
i know ati have it on there list also,
i looked at the higher power ones but not sure also looked at other sites
if i can sell my ocz psu i would have more cash to spend on one only have around £100 to spend atm

thanks didnt see them not sure if i want modular but for the extra £s i might,
problem with my case its the antec 900 gaming so psu at bottom and 24 pin atx and 8 pin atx are at the top of mobo so thats why i looked at modular leave a few cables out,
are there any other benifits from modular psu's? (like more stable rails etc)

thanks didnt see them not sure if i want modular but for the extra £s i might,
problem with my case its the antec 900 gaming so psu at bottom and 24 pin atx and 8 pin atx are at the top of mobo so thats why i looked at modular leave a few cables out,
are there any other benifits from modular psu's? (like more stable rails etc)

Geeman,

Since you're running SLI, there isn't much advantage to modular, you'll use most if not all of your cables anyhow. You should find out your cable lengths. It's not usually an issue but some may be too short. Your extra 12v cable can be tucked away in the back of your case. I know the Corsair TX750 cables are plenty long enough.

Geeman,

Since you're running SLI, there isn't much advantage to modular, you'll use most if not all of your cables anyhow. You should find out your cable lengths. It's not usually an issue but some may be too short. Your extra 12v cable can be tucked away in the back of your case. I know the Corsair TX750 cables are plenty long enough.

thanks my ocz 24 pin atx is a bit short thats why i was asking
might just go for the wired version i will be using 90% of the cables so your right the modular isnt really worth it

ey man, why not get the Antec True Power New 750w?
it's newer and i'm assuming, better quality.
i've read good reviews of it :thup:

the new Corsair HX-750 is also top stuff

i would go with modular man that way you dont have to have a bunch of molex and sata power plugs all over the place...
the True Power New are modular aren't they?...well they're half modular anyway.
most of the cables you need are hardwired into the PSU. but extra molex, PCI-E and sata power cables are modular.

ey man, why not get the Antec True Power New 750w?
it's newer and i'm assuming, better quality.
i've read good reviews of it :thup:

the new Corsair HX-750 is also top stuff

the true power only has 2 pcie plugs so its no good for me,
i had already looked at it i need a psu with at least 4 pcie plugs

Back