• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any heatsink better than the Evo 212 for around the same price?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It has arrived!
This thing running prime 95 is quieter than the stock heatsink on desktop running nothing! This alone makes it worth the money! So quiet!

I went ahead and boosted it to 4.1ghz with no problems so far. Will look into real overclocking a bit later.

Quick question when stress testing with prime95 how long does it need to run? 5-10 minutes? Significantly longer?

I have attached pictures.
The Nh-d14 was so close yet so far away....

I did have one problem (attached) the sticker on the bottom didn't come off clean. I was sooo worried but looks like I cleaned it well enough.
Also attached before and after

But really like the PH-TC12DX so far! Is itsn't turned sideways after all so no ram problems.

Its funny amazon's description for the Nh-d14 said included all accessories and neweggs for the PH-TC12DX said it might not but first one missed them and the PH-TC12DX was completely unused (just damaged box). Oh well it seems it has turned out fine.

Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• 2IMG_20140710_194039.jpg
    2IMG_20140710_194039.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 83
  • 3IMG_20140703_210117.jpg
    3IMG_20140703_210117.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 80
  • 4IMG_20140710_201626.jpg
    4IMG_20140710_201626.jpg
    764.1 KB · Views: 93
  • 5IMG_20140710_211327.jpg
    5IMG_20140710_211327.jpg
    829.4 KB · Views: 87
I run prime 95 for 20 mins at a time to find semi-stable (what - ever that means. When I think I've found my final 24/7 clock I run it for 2 hours. If temps stay good and no errors...good enough for me. I know others that let it run for days before they call it STABLE. But that seems nuts to me...Just sayin. Lol

I run prime 95 for 20 mins at a time to find semi-stable (what - ever that means. When I think I've found my final 24/7 clock I run it for 2 hours. If temps stay good and no errors...good enough for me. I know others that let it run for days before they call it STABLE. But that seems nuts to me...Just sayin. Lol

ya lol. 20 minutes seem ok. Just wish there was a really fast way to test lol.

What do you mean? Did it not clear the RAM?
No had a bunch of ordering and price problems and when I finally did get it it didn't have the motherboard mounts. I was soo mad the whole time and just returned it f or a refund.

I am looking at guides and stuff but this is my first time so I really don't know what is normal or what to expect.

Right now I am running at 4.3 but I had to turn the voltage to 1.35. But in the prime 95 test it stays under 1.3 except for a quick second where it jumped to 1.344v. This type of thing normal? (It was running fine at 4.3 on stock voltage but after like a few minutes prime 95 would say worker failed so apparently that means I r needs higher voltage. I guess I'm confused because after raising the voltage it says under 1.3 v)

Also is there a max safe voltage or does it just depend on heat. A few places say 1.5v max but others have gone higher.

A little tedious but definitely fun!:)

ya lol. 20 minutes seem ok. Just wish there was a really fast way to test lol.

No had a bunch of ordering and price problems and when I finally did get it it didn't have the motherboard mounts. I was soo mad the whole time and just returned it f or a refund.

I am looking at guides and stuff but this is my first time so I really don't know what is normal or what to expect.

Right now I am running at 4.3 but I had to turn the voltage to 1.35. But in the prime 95 test it stays under 1.3 except for a quick second where it jumped to 1.344v. This type of thing normal? (It was running fine at 4.3 on stock voltage but after like a few minutes prime 95 would say worker failed so apparently that means I r needs higher voltage. I guess I'm confused because after raising the voltage it says under 1.3 v)

Also is there a max safe voltage or does it just depend on heat. A few places say 1.5v max but others have gone higher.

A little tedious but definitely fun!:)

I wish there was a faster way too, but such is life.

As far as max safe voltages...I believe AMD states 1.5v as their max, I personally like to keep it right around 1.45v. The very slight OC improvement I get isn't worth the extra heat produced. Plus I feel my CPU should last longer with the lower heat/voltage. Of course with that said it's pretty well excepted that OCing in general reduces the life of your CPU, but there's really no way to prove that as each chip is unique.

I wish there was a faster way too, but such is life.

As far as max safe voltages...I believe AMD states 1.5v as their max, I personally like to keep it right around 1.45v. The very slight OC improvement I get isn't worth the extra heat produced. Plus I feel my CPU should last longer with the lower heat/voltage. Of course with that said it's pretty well excepted that OCing in general reduces the life of your CPU, but there's really no way to prove that as each chip is unique.

Thanks for the suggestion of the cooler. But I am currently happy with my purchase.
Well I have a stable 4.4 (I think. I gotta run it longer I guess) which is fine with me. 10% faster (which is a lot since it's already fast) and extremely quite! I am satisfied.

Back