• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone know where I can find a 160mm case fan?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Cool, I'm a CE student w/ a specialty in solid state circuitry ( I might change the specialty, I have some more research to do ).... although I'm in college still, so you can't really say I'm an engineer yet. Getting there though :)

Yeah, you can really rack up the posts in the cooling forum. There's so many new people to help so you get quite a few more posts per day here. I just try to take some of the load off of arch's shoulders :D

Oh yea... I'll be ordering this on FRIDAY!

LCAC-60.jpg
ACS-3.jpg

^-Power Cable-|-Hookup-^
4PRLY-12.jpg
MT14-PC.jpg

^-Relay-|-Terminal-^

p16-1121C.jpg

^-172mm x 150mm x 38mm-^
230cfm AC Fan​

:clap: :clap:

Be afraid -- be very afraid. To be honest.. I might replace ALL my fans with AC fans... I can lower them to almost now power and they still spin. DC fans require a minimum voltage to start up... NO MORE!

-Frank

Yeah... that's the reason why i wanted a big fan... the little 80 mm fans won't start up half the time and I am getting sick of it... I may put in an order for the fan yo guys mentioned and try and see if I can do what you are doing above... thanks for everyone's help!

dark15, wut did u use to cut out the space for the fan? i have the same case too, and planning to do the same to it. thanks.

Not a real big deal to be honest. Just follow the print I sent you, do the wiring with the power off, do not strip the wires back to far that hook up to the Relay Base, and use some common sense.

warlock110 said:
dark15, wut did u use to cut out the space for the fan? i have the same case too, and planning to do the same to it. thanks.

A dremel and a lot of patience...

Make sure you take out all of your parts before even thinking about cutting the case...

Back