• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Apple G5 casemod questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orgetorix

Hello, I am new to these forums and have tried to search for answers but have so far been unlucky. I have an Apple G5 case that I am currently in the process of filling with PC gear. My mobo is a Gigabyte GA-K8NSNXP for Athlon 64. My questions now regard the front panel on the case. I want to use the ports, but think that they may be incompatible. Does anyone here have any expeience with using these ports on a PC mobo? What about just cutting up the extra firewire/usb ports that came with the mobo and fixing them to the front of the case? Finally the power switch. It has 3 wires and the mobo connector has 2. Is there any way to adapt this as well? Thanks for reading this and I await your answers.

As far as cutting the extra ports off, that is a bad idea, and most likely will not work. Most of the time you will need to cut out the size of a standard ATX I/O Plate and then weld/somehow affix the backplate to the case. As far as power switch, try to pull out 1 wire at a time and test to see which 2 are necessary. Hope this helps.

Back