• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Approaching 1.7GHZ Wahoooo!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes that will almost gaureentee better temps by a couple degrees, also try turning the HSfan aound to blow into the SK6 instead of sucking away from it - it dropped my friends temp 5c.

Paul.K said:
Jason or anyone,

By adding a duct to my system I am sure to get lower temps right, since the cold outside air will be blowing on top of my HSF unit, when compared to my HSF taking the air from within the case and blowing that on top of the CPU. Also can I glue heatsinks to my mosfets.....like superglue I need to know by tomorrow...please....

Thanks

Ducting cold air to your HSF can lower your temps but make sure you get the same pressure & CFM to it. I just ordered the 120mm 130CFM fan on shop that I put a link to & will be using a home made velocity stack to direct the air on my heatsink sans the fan. I'm hoping that the added CFM, 38 - 130, with proper ducting help me cool better. It might loose out on pressure being that the 120mm spins slower but the CFM should take care of it.

Last edited:
as for heatsinks on the mosfets... i attached small heatsinks to my vid card ram with drops of superglue on the corners of the ram chips. i used arctic silver on the chips, and the drops of superglue.. that's all. and they've never fallen off. only thing is that i'm sure the mosfets get much hotter than ram chips. might make the superglue fail. try www.2cooltek.com for arctic silver thermal epoxy. i'm also an non-us citizen, and 2cooltek have been good to me.

Nice OC there M8! You got a great chip! :) 1.7 is definately obtainable Over at [H]ardOCP, Hardware Central, etc in the last couple months there have been 1.4s [with screenshots] that have been in the 1.7s and 1.8s. Fastest one I have seen posted [with screenshots of Sandra and WCPUID] was 2062. But ya gotta take into consideration many are watercooled and some even supercooled. Have seen quite a few [email protected]+ air cooled though.
Anadtech has a guy on their board with one of the new 1.533s at 1.8 already.

Epox 8K7A+
Crucial 256Mo Cl2,5 DDR running in 16-8-8-2-2-2-2
1400 AYHJA Y week 23

at 2,15V :

1847.JPG

sandra1815.JPG

Currently running @1700 1,88V 35° Idle 41° FL:)

Hi guys did the mod to my case the weekend. Now my CPU load temperature is 45C a drop of 6-7C. It was completely worth it.
I have changed the CPU settings see below...stable has hell!!!

erickkk>> W-O-W!!! An awsome OC... How did you manage to get those kinds of speed with the FSB????? That is unbelievable...:eek:

Since I did my case mod, the temperatures are now:

CPU idle 41C
CPU load 45-46C

My Vcore setting is 2.05-2.08 volts.
My CPU settings are 12X by 139FSB = 1.67Ghz.

Since this chip is only 7 days old, would you reckon burning the chip in for a few more weeks will get me to the 1.7Ghz barrier. Any thoughts on this.

Cheers guys!!!

I know the feeling...my computer posts 1733 (1.85)but it won't finish loading Windows.

To get over 1700+ I'd need to do a voltage mod, new PSU and maybe go to water cooling, I know my chip can do it no problem...

But that's a lot more $$ for a 100-200 more mhz over my current 1600. Oh the humanity!

Last edited:
Back