• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are These temps about right for water?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
SewerBeing the room temp is 27C there abouts give or take a few with the other machines I have running it goes up or down a little.

Relocating the Res to the lowest bay would be possible... what's the best why to drain the system? Never thought about that until now :shrug:

the res is fine where it is I'm talking about moving the rad not the res. And with 27C room temp 33C on water is quite fine. To drain it I simply take off tubing one at a time, let the water flow out and remove it from the loop. Its very easy to do and rather controlled since you arn't using anything else except the tubing. However it can be messy so have a towel and bucket ready.

Without a fill or drain line, what I have done is to get a decent sized bucket, and place one component in the bucket as the lowest point in your loop, pump, res, doesn't really matter (although some pumps you may not want to get soaking wet). Then disconnect one tube, and let the coolant flow out. Let it drain till nothing else comes out. then just carefully remove the other components, and or tubing (you will probably still have some coolant in your rad, and water block, so just be extra careful when disconnecting those.

I find it helpful to use AA batteries to plug up the already drained lines too, since it really hard to tell where the next 'splash' might come from.

just some extra info on temps (to get a broader base): on stock cooling (yuck) idle was high 40's and load was just plain scary at 60+. With the components in sig, idle at 30/31 and full load (dual prime) is 40/41 1.425 volts on cpu (262x16).

Back