• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASRock A780GXE/128M

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

2010TYWMC

I just got this board and then I read the post about needing a earlier AM2 CPU to update the BIOS...I dont have one...I got this board yesterday and have not gotten it together, but I was wondering if any of you have recently gotten this board and had any problems with set up and the Phenom II. The post about the BIOS proelm was posted back in November, but i am now worried...

I dont have access to an older AM2 CPU. All I have is a 939...:shrug:

What is the date of manufacture? If it is very recent it may have a newer bios already installed. If not you might consider bidding on a used, cheap am2 cpu on ebay to use as a starter. You can always resell it when you don't need it. At any rate, you won't hurt anything by plugging your new CPU in and see if she will fire up. If not, go to plan B.

Better yet, put something in classifieds asking to see if there's a local member there willing to help you out with it!

Either that, or like trents said, just Craigslist a cheap AM2 CPU. There's no shortage of them out there - brand new LE models run under $30 brand new at brick-and-mortar stores...

Date of mfg. should be coded in the serial number. Look on the mfg. support web site in the RMA section to find out how to interpret it. At least, that's how gigabyte does it 'cause they warranty their boards based on mfg. date, not on purchase date.

4415453587_4abb125669_m.jpg

Well everything worked out, at least until I installed Win7. Then everything went to hell. I dumped w7 and went back to XP x64 but I think somehting went wonkey. I get a BSOD now, one that I never got prior to w7 installation. Oh well, here is a pretty picture for those wondering...

4415436903_e5672ff65c.jpg

Working on getting the stuff together for an i7 975 build. When the i9 cores come out, the 975 should come down to "somewhat affordable". For that system I may use a Mountain Mods case (Extension CYO), but nothing will happen until the i9's hit the street.

Back