• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AsRock Extreme4 Z87 VGA Drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Radeon28

Hey all,

I have a recently purchased AsRock Extreme4 motherboard with a 4670K. I cannot seem to get any of the video outputs to work (DVI, VGA, HDMI), when I downloaded the most recent set of video drivers an error message comes up saying "I don't meet the minimum requirements for these drivers."

The CPU has Intel HD graphics and the drivers are for this specific motherboard, so I'm not sure what the issue is here.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

What do you mean you can't get any of the video outputs to work? I assume you're receiving that error when trying to upgrade the natively installed MS drivers? Which OS are you running?

Windows 7, 64bit. When I plug an HDMI, VGA, or DVI into the mobo I cannot get any type of output. The error comes up when I try to install the new drivers I DL'ed from the AsRock website.

One of the three 270Xs (not in crossfire). But I want to run the display through the mobo, so the graphics cards are not devoting any processing power to the display.

I am just taking a guess that is the issue, but when you think about it, if the iGPU is disabled it would make sense to not be able to install drivers to it. However, most are set to auto so I am not convinced it is the issue honestly. Worth the 10 seconds to check though. :)

Just so I understand... you want to have the monitor connected to the Intel HD, while at the same time having 3 video cards installed which are not dedicated to the display?

Just so I understand... you want to have the monitor connected to the Intel HD, while at the same time having 3 video cards installed which are not dedicated to the display?

You gentlemen, are correct! They run thermodynamic code, but they do run cgminer just for fun in the off hours.

UPDATE:

I had to replace the board because I found a burn mark by the NB heatsink, and I didn't want to take any chances. I replaced it with the same board, so it boots up just fine with the current drivers.

Here's the deal, if I plug the DVI into the motherboard and boot up, it goes to windows and everthing is fine. If I put the graphics cards into the pci slots, then neither the gfx cards nor the motherboard video outputs work... I'm baffled.

EDIT: After a BIOS flash the 280Xs have video output, but I still cannot understand why the MoBo video outputs will not work once the 280Xs are put in place.

Last edited:
Back