• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asrock z77 extreme4 - Virtu MVP Doesn't work

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yeah,, i think the virtu mvp thing might be defective in my motherboard. when i use the ASUS wizard for virtu mvp, it always stops at "Enable iGPU function" and everytime i press enable, it says done and says to reboot. then when it reboots it asks to enable it again and again and again in an endless process. it never says its enabled. i'm currently USING the integrated gpu, so what the **** is the problem?

You need to plug the monitor to your Discrete video card

Ok, So I use Virtu and no you do not need to plug it into the dGPU. For the feature you want to use vvsync I am almost certain it must be plugged into the iGPU. If you read how it all worked you would understand why it needs to be in the iGPU. Plugging into the iGPU vitru can choose to use the dGPU or the iGPU to provide your graphics. I believe one of the only reasons for using virtu and plugging into the dGPU is so that you can use your iGPU to encode video. I may be wrong though because I am not using MVP because I have a z68.

You def need to make sure you have it enabled in the bios correctly and like I said make sure you are plugged into the motherboard.

If you are getting discrete graphics performance in game while being plugged into the motherboard then I believe that means the bios setting is set up correctly and that for the most part virtu is working. The only problem is that vvsync may not be working. It may need to be compatible with the game but I am not sure about that.

Also do you have VVSYNC enabled or do you have the one of the performance modes enabled...

If you read how it all worked you would understand why it needs to be in the iGPU.
Careful...

I did read the manual and it didnt state that... or I need to clean my glasses off. LOL!

having the monitor plugged into the integrated port makes all games play on the integrated and it gets ****ty performance (10-25 fps), regardless of what virtu mvp is set to. virtu mvp logo doesn't even show up in anything i run, even though its set to enable it..

You didn't mention which version of the MVP software you installed, or I just didn't see it mentioned, but I assume you either installed it from the CD that came w/ the board or downloaded it from the AsRock site for the Z77 Extreme4 (ver: 2.1.114)? Just a FYI in case you didn't already know, but there's a newer version of the software available (ver: 2.1.220), but available only from the FM2A85X Extreme4 downloads section of the AsRock site...

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/FM2A85X Extreme4/?cat=Download&os=Win764

i just did a complete reinstall of windows, and used the included CD with the motherboard which installs everything in order, and it still does not work. it never switches graphics modes, and neither virtual vsync nor switchable graphics works at all. it will simply use the onboard GPU and the frame rate plummets. neither the latest versions online nor the included CD works..

that was the main thing i wanted when making my motherboard decision, and it completely fails to work at all. at least i got the board on a deal ($105)
but i did lose a lot of hours in troubleshooting something that refuses to even remotely show that it's even TRYING to do something. in all honesty, i've never had to troubleshoot so many things on an amd machine before. all the way down to mounting heatsinks is rocket science (on this board at least), because of having to mount a bracket on the back of the board which has 2 different size holes for mounting, and 2 different screw sizes. and then i had trouble getting my sound card to fit in the pci slot. and then i found out there were at least 15 different bloated driver sets i had to install just to get things working. and on top of that, one of the driver sets killed my AHCI setup, and i had to do a system restore just to be able to boot to windows.

Last edited:
Sorry to here that i just re installed MVP and it works fine in d-mode i used the latest version form the website didn't try i-mode yet though maybe tomorrow

Edit-just tested i-mode it only works with game it supports if it don't support it it will only run on the igpu

Last edited:
This might be a silly question to the O.P.

But, is the game you're trying to play with MVP in the game list? I play Mechwarrior Online, and it wasn't in the game list. I updated to the latest version last night and added MWO, and bam, when I launched the game the little MVP title tag showed up for a few seconds.

No, i've never seen that MVP emblem show up before in anything. how are your monitors set up? do you have two cables going into one monitor? or just one cable plugged into the onboard?

One cable going to my monitor

Do you have gpu-z does show your video card and intel graghics in the drop down menu at the bottom

Back