• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asrock z77 extreme4 - Virtu MVP Doesn't work

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Have you tried alternative connection types, i.e. DVI rather than HDMI?

I have heard a lot of people having issues with MVP, based on your posts you have done the setting up correctly.

i will try dvi in a while, but so far i tried hdmi and VGA. can someone do me a favor and see if device manager shows virtu mvp or anything for the 'monitor' driver? because mine still shows the standard pnp monitor driver. or anything under display adapters?

ok, i am on DVI and i'm connected directly to my video card instead of the onboard (because my dvi cable wont fit in the onboard slot, it's a horizontal cable of all things)

and i am running BFBC2 with virtu mvp enabled, and i'm still not seeing the logo on the game at all. i tried updating virtu mvp to the one released for that asus board, and all i can see different is that the game is extremely jerky, and my frame rate is spiking from 0 to 60. and with vsync on its still capped to 60 fps with input lag, virtual vsync isn't working

Careful...

I did read the manual and it didnt state that... or I need to clean my glasses off. LOL!

I apologize I clearly said if you read HOW IT WORKED.

I did not mean to say anything to offend anyone. I have not read the instruction manual. I read extensively how the system works. Which is why I said if you had done that you would see why it goes in the iGPU not the dGPU if you want to use all the features.

I also clearly stated I don't own a an mvp capable board. Although technically it is MVP compatible and I did try MVP until the license trial ran out then had to go back to the old version.

So again I apologize and I did not mean to be a jerk in anyway yet somehow I did.

I might recommend that you plug into the motherboard and install the driver from http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/graphics

and then download the newest version of virtu mvp from lucidlogix.com

I am not 100% sure if vvsync works when connected to dGPU you may want to email lucid to find out for sure. I do know that it does work when plugged into the motherboard. Set your bios to igpu on or enabled not auto and make sure it is running off your screen.

I hope you can figure this out. I am in the middle of re-plumbing my computer once I am done I will give MVP a try and see if I can get vvsync working myself.

Last edited:
integrated gpu is enabled in bios and there's even a setting that says 'make sure this is set to ON if you wish to use virtu mvp' and that's on.

Brother can you show me or take a screen shot where you can disable igpu in bios because i can't on mine Asrock extreme 6 and show gpu-z and in device manager where both video card and igpu is enable and screen shots of MVP open

what the hell? gpu-z says Multi-GPU is disabled! but it's ENABLED in bios. maybe this is the problem? here's the screenshots http://nightfire.dyndns.org/img/virtuproblems.png

here's a screenshot of my bios: http://i46.tinypic.com/s2qzr9.png

what i don't understand is that when i enable Multi-GPU in bios, the HD graphics onboard are detected in device manager and usuable, but gpu-z says it's disabled. but when i disable multi-gpu in bios, the hd graphics disappears..

Last edited:
That is iGPU multi MONITOR, not multi gpu...that sets up the iGPU for multiplie monitors.

that's not what it does. when that is disabled, the integrated graphics is COMPLETELY OFF! and it says to enable it if you want virtu.. i'm pretty convinced this motherboard is defective

that's not what it does. when that is disabled, the integrated graphics is COMPLETELY OFF! and it says to enable it if you want virtu.. i'm pretty convinced this motherboard is defective

Sounds to be faulty man, still in time to exchange it?

I am planning to pick up a Extreme 6 in next few weeks.. What is the AsRock boards like, minus the Virtu issue you are having.

I'm hoping the author of that review qualifies his statements a bit. We have seen numerous happy people at 4.4-4.6GHz (sweet spot on IB) with the Extreme 4, and our review took it well past that.

Well i always say extreme 4 as you know, but over time i have spent reading more about the 6 as well. On a personnel observation it is better built in certain areas of the board compared to the 4. The main difference is price right now, but that lately is also falling as well. If there is $10 Dollars between them then i would offer the newbies a choice of the 6 instead. AJ so on that note GD Night ED.

At this second, its $15 difference on newegg ($130 vs $145). Both carry the same warranty so I personally dont see a point in paying more. Nobody will stop you from putting that in front of an OP, however I cant imagine it would make any difference to an average user outside of having $15 less in their pocket. That said, $15 isnt much at all.

You make me laugh, its cute when you say n00b like you arent still very green yourself. :)

EDIT: Back to this dude's problems... :(

Last edited:
Back