• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Crosshair IV Formula keeps overvolting my cpu. Please help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yarovy

Registered
Hi, my Crosshair IV Formula keeps overvolting my 1090T i have the vcore set at 1.45, but under load sometimes the vcore goes all the way to 1.8 and sometimes even 1.5.

Thanks in Advance.

Did you mean to say "all the way to 1.5 and even 1.8?" Read your sentence.

One thing that is going on is that you are getting what they call "negative vdroop", where the motherboard is compensating for the normal drop in CPU voltage under load, called "vdroop". Mine applies negative vdroop like yours does. I have mine set to 1.4v in bios but under load it climbs to 1.51. It actually limits my overclock because I'm scared of having the vcore go higher than that. A lot of high end motherboards actually have a bios setting that allows you to program the amount of negative vdroop. I can't think of the name of the setting right now, though. It can be enabled or disabled. Unfortunately, my board does it automatically so I can't turn it off.

Did you mean to say "all the way to 1.5 and even 1.8?" Read your sentence.

One thing that is going on is that you are getting what they call "negative vdroop", where the motherboard is compensating for the normal drop in CPU voltage under load, called "vdroop". Mine applies negative vdroop like yours does. I have mine set to 1.4v in bios but under load it climbs to 1.51. It actually limits my overclock because I'm scared of having the vcore go higher than that. A lot of high end motherboards actually have a bios setting that allows you to program the amount of negative vdroop. I can't think of the name of the setting right now, though. It can be enabled or disabled. Unfortunately, my board does it automatically so I can't turn it off.

Im sorry i meant to say 1.48 not 1.8...

What kills me is that my cpu run pretty cool 40c at 4.1ghz but when im running benchmarks like cinebench the voltage goes all the way up to 1.5-1.52v and my cpu overheats all the way up to 65-67c

Oh, yeah, that bios setting that offsets vdrop and vdroop is LLC (Load Line Calibration). Check to see if you have that and if it is enabled.

Back