• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS Maximus Hero X CPU_FAN header

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aaawew

Hi I just switched to the ASUS Maximum Hero X and I keep getting the CPU Fan speed error detected. I am using a h115i and no matter what I disable in the BIOS I still get this error every time I boot up. Does anyone know exactly what needs to change?

Disable monitoring for the CPU should be the top option in the monitoring section. Set to IGNORE.

Though, why not plug the H115i's 3-pin lead to the CPU header................

I can try that but I think I have other problems. When I try to apply an overclock my frequency doesn't go over 3.7Ghz when manually set higher. I followed basic guides and my settings don't change. Also corsair link, HWMonitor and core temp don't display Vcore correctly, they keep telling me around .6V even when I manually set it

Welcome to asus, lol...

The board you have uses their custom chips so many third party apps are not able to read voltages properly. You will see the correct voltage in aisuite.

Welcome to asus, lol...

The board you have uses their custom chips so many third party apps are not able to read voltages properly. You will see the correct voltage in aisuite.

I put asus multicore enhancement back to auto and my frequency is fixed. I can live with the Vcore reading as half, 4 years of engineering in college allows me to multiply by 2 quite quickly :p

I can try that but I think I have other problems. When I try to apply an overclock my frequency doesn't go over 3.7Ghz when manually set higher. I followed basic guides and my settings don't change. Also corsair link, HWMonitor and core temp don't display Vcore correctly, they keep telling me around .6V even when I manually set it

Go to monitoring in BIOS and find CPU fan then set to ignore that'll stop the fan error. If you turn off turbo then you won't be able to OC it needs to be left on in BIOS. I've been using HWinfo64 lately and it seems to read voltages/temps etc. correctly

Thanks I will try HWinfo64 when I get home. I did get the fan header error figured out, I had disabled a lot of stuff talking about the cpu fan, just not the first and most important setting apparently.

Kind of changing the topic of this thread but.... Is failing Prime95 blend while passing Prime95 small fft indicative of unstable memory? I don't fail workers or crash but my screen goes black like it's asleep and I can't wake it up again, fans still ramp up or down pump still going etc

Depends on sooooooooooo many factors. One of which is what speed of ram you have and is 3000 Mhz XMP? Set it manually... etc. The question itself cannot be answered with the limited information given.

Depends on sooooooooooo many factors. One of which is what speed of ram you have and is 3000 Mhz XMP? Set it manually... etc. The question itself cannot be answered with the limited information given.

Yea I had set it with auto XMP settings. I think I have it set up manually now and am testing that, I believe I have all the timings correct. Cpuz has something about Row Refresh Cycle Time, that I did not set and I also cannot remember if that was the same under XMP settings

Leave it on XMP. There isn't a reason really to set it manually to the same timings. Anyway, that platform can EASILY handle 3000 Mhz. And if your sticks say the are DDR4-3000 than of course they can handle it too. :)

Back