• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED ASUS maybe fried BISO ! help thx

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gubenena

Registered
Hello fellas,

Spec:
motherboard: ASus p5kc
DDR2: 4sticks kvr1066d2n7k2/2 (kit of 2 1.8v)
proc: q6600
GPU: 8600gt
PSU ANS 450w, (it was working for 5 y.)

Last 2 things I did with my PC is:

I upgraded bios to 1203 (was 0701), after upgrade had to pull out all memory stikcs and it worked, but then I wanted to clock it a bit to 3.0 proc, but it was unstable.
Last what I did is I tried to push DDR2 to 2.0V which is maybe a bit more than it can coop with.
From that point on my computer is making a constant loop, no POST, no BIOS...

WHAT i have done !!!
1. I have removed the CPU and found some bent pins, I have line them up -*hopefully properly*
2. I have replaced some capacitors on PSU (since some of the lines where it should be 12v, it read 10v, after changing the cap, all readings are fine..

Im still stucked with computer LOOP (no POST, no BIOS).

P.S I have tried almost everything I now, removing everything from MB, but what I can not understand is..???
When I remove CPU from motherboard and power it up, it powers up and stays up, but when I put back JUST CPU, and power it up it goes in looop.....
I have tried CPU on another MB and it worked !!!

So am confused now...!!!

Could it be that as soon as I put CPU on MB it start's looping my PC ???? , or could it be as soon as I put my CPU bios chip (*presume it;s coruppted it tells to a MB not to BOOT cause theres something faulty going on???)

Thanks for all the help !!! in advance...

Attachments

• 2014-03-11-1000.jpg
    2014-03-11-1000.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 129
Last edited:
I still see pin damage, but not sure if that pic is before or after...Id be most owrried about your no name PSU...

it was before !, seems fine to me now, but yet I have loops, no post no bios//....PSU worked before, and I tried some other PSU, no change !!!

What I just noticed is even this 3-5 second of powering up gives heat to CPU, is that normal for that short period it gives HEAT !!!

There is no CPU fan attached, Im just trying to get it pass the post, will reinsert FAN if it passes POST,.....

What I just noticed is even this 3-5 second of powering up gives heat to CPU, is that normal for that short period it gives HEAT !!!

There is no CPU fan attached, Im just trying to get it pass the post, will reinsert FAN if it passes POST,.....
Can't do that. Without cooling a processor will go into thermal shutdown in less than a second.

with cooling on it still shut;s down :D, cant waste anymore thermal paste, it;s expensive :p

If it is the Motherboard like Scotty said, i would not bother to clean it at all, just replace and add it to the Bone Pile!

AJ.

if some of u think that this kind of responses SOUND like help, then ur not helping much :p, I posted my problem in hope that I will get answers like :

1. Maybe try to find bios as urs from same motherboard and put it in place and fire it up (see what happens) --maybe it's not advisable---cause of current***broken, or something 3rd....

2. Try flashing ur bios to a PC workshop !!!

3. .........

If ur gonne see the dust on the board and critisize it, than pls dont comment if there;s some dust, all other components are clean, fans, heatsinks, etc......

So either try to help, or pls dont make me read it, cause it;s just informative all the way around, not instructable!...

Sry if someone get;s offended but that;s how it is....

When somone asks me for a help, or am some how involved then I try to help.......

thnx

Sorry, but we are not here to offend anyone, but when you say bent pins in the socket or running the CPU without the CPU cooler attached etc! How can we help you, if you think reflashing your Bios back to the previous one will help do that!

Look 9 times out of 10 if you have bent or broken pins in the CPU SOCKET its nearly game over, its very rare you manage to get things to work properly. Why because the whole PC is solely dependent on that Socket working correctly.

Regards,

AJ.

If you know the cpu, memory, and video card work in another computer and have tested another power supply with the motherboard, then the board is likely dead. There really isn't much else you can do. You certainly can't flash it when it doesn't boot up.

When you say it "goes in a loop", what do you mean, exactly?

It start's for a few seconds let's say 5, then goes down, and startup up by it self, and round a round like this,....

But as sad in my first post,

Everything was ok, worked in perfect condition.....

Pls read my first post, I have described exactly what was the last thing I have done with my PC before it went BAD.... thx

P.S And ya sry for my first post I have just edited it it was not VRAM so u dont get it wrongm, it was my DDR2 Kingston which I have push to 2v....

Thx

But as sad in my first post,

Everything was ok, worked in perfect condition.....
I get that it was working, but now it isn't. You need to approach this systematically by eliminating parts one by one.

I'm not asking you questions for fun or to waste your time. I could be helping someone else on these forums or doing something else entirely. Instead, I'm choosing to help you out. Please don't dismiss questions with "please read the first post". I'm asking them for a reason.

Have you tested with another power supply? If the system powers on for a few seconds (and especially if you get the start of a POST screen), I would suspect the power supply.

Everything I have done reseting everything, tried with everything pulled out.

Sistematicly all in all out, 1 in 2 in 3 in etc....

thx

Answer was for post before urs

I did try that with neighbours PSU, 500w+, brand new PC, same illnes... :D

I cant get to POST, no beeps, no BIOS, nothing....just continuous loop after 3 seconds

And yaa I always appreciate help.....and thank u for the help, jokes I love, but u could clean that dust around cap-it's like pain in the a.... comm, it sounds like a bad joke...

Thx again..

If you have swapped all the parts out (and reset CMOS) and it still doesn't post, then it very likely the motherboard. Unless it has a mechanism to flash the board while it is inoperable, there is nothing else you can do.

Back