• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED ASUS maybe fried BISO ! help thx

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
is it possible that lets say BIOS chip is corrupted and it gives me such a loops, cause I have overvoltage DDR memory, and somehow chip has gone bad, I have read about this, needed to now ur opinion about this before I get rid of this motherboard, maybe it could be something like this then I would like to keep this motherboard...

If it's not booting after you cleared CMOS and changed PSU then it's probably dead.

When u say something is dead I assume u mean something burnt down, becoming black and smelly, untill then I assume it;s alive, but not getting the juice where it;s suppose to !! :D

When u say something is dead I assume u mean something burnt down, becoming black and smelly, untill then I assume it;s alive, but not getting the juice where it;s suppose to !! :D

Or, logically, the motherboard is dead.
Something doesn't have to smoke and stink to be dead in a computer.

You've tested the CPU, RAM, PSU, and GPU in another system, correct?
Then THE MOTHERBOARD IS DEAD. It shouldn't take this long and this many people telling you for you to notice that.

I will go out on a limb here and say bad/failing capacitor. Years ago I had a foxconn mb start acting up on me and after looking around I was finally able to find a capacitor with a bulge in it where it had vented. The board would boot and after a bit things would warm and then it would start acting crazy, anything from rebooting itself to just shutting down until the cap. cooled off. I use to see tech's working on electronics years ago using cans to freeze caps while the equipment was on to get it to work and pin point the bad cap.

As far as a clean board goes it does offer something since it will allow you to look for small thing like caps that are bulged or have vented, burnt resistors and so on.

When it comes right down to it this sounds like a heat issue, the board is cool at first and whatever is heating up is doing it in the 3-5 second time frame you are talking about so the system reboots itself.

My 2 cents and guessing at that.

I will also add that even without thermal paste a cpu cooler will work, The thermal paste is there to fill the void where there isn't a perfect match up between the base and cpu heatsink cap. It wont be the best but it's better than nothing.

"Work" being a slider from "none" to "functional", trending heavily towards none. It really isn't a good idea.

"Work" being a slider from "none" to "functional", trending heavily towards none. It really isn't a good idea.

Like I said in first post, Just my 2 cents. Yes I think there should be paste in there and like was pointed out in an earlier post the price of thermal paste vs hardware, its obvious the paste is nothing to the hardware but if that's what they want to do then it's their gear not mine.

Until you have tried running with no paste with the CPU heatsink I would not say anything. I have run with no paste for testing and it was only a few c degrees hotter.

Until you have tried running with no paste with the CPU heatsink I would not say anything. I have run with no paste for testing and it was only a few c degrees hotter.

You can also run with toothpaste or mayonnaise. That doesn't mean that its a good idea.

Until you have tried running with no paste with the CPU heatsink I would not say anything.

I have for a short period of time to do CMOS, so I guess that earned me the right to say something.

NOW PAY ATTENTION people I am not recommending this just saying having the small addition thermal mass of the heatsink with a fan blowing across it is better than running it with nothing at all like he is doing. Don't go reading more into it than what I said. I must have missed where I suggested he put it on there and then OC it and start benching. :rolleyes:

better than running it with nothing at all like he is doing.

Yeah, I could lay a nickel on there and increase the surface area and it would be "better".

If you ran for more than ~3-4s without a heatsink it probably cooked the CPU anyway.

ppl ppl, we CAN close the thread so u dont push up to nowhere....

AS sad and now confirmed

i did FLASH OR REWRITE BIOS WITH programmer *wooola everything WORKS*

So conclusion is !!!!

Dont EVER trough ur MOTHER board to garbage untill u try every single possible way of recovering it....
And ya I can confirm for sure that EVERY processor has it's own THERMAL SHOCK POWER OF....
IMAGINE some PC work shop, applaying thermal after every check out... He will need 1 kg of thermal for diagnostics just....

So now nothing wil FRY ur proccesor as long as u dont use it for playing games without the heat sink, fan etc...mounted on.
If u are just going to test it if it POST:S than by my homble opinion u can do it with no consequence at all on ur PROC....

All stay good and cheers.

Thx for all the help.....

And u might get some electronic experience building ur bios programator... It's not that HARD>...

I see no reason to lock it. You can mark your thread as solved using the Thread Tools menu found just above your first post. Glad you got it resolved.

i did FLASH OR REWRITE BIOS WITH programmer *wooola everything WORKS*

I don't believe you.
Corrupted bios generally means you can't even enter it, let alone looping boots.

And u might get some electronic experience building ur bios programator... It's not that HARD>..

Pic of said home built programmer please?
Like I said, I don't believe you.
You can't diag your own board problem, yet you can build your own programmer? Not biting. Show me.

Back