• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED ASUS maybe fried BISO ! help thx

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah, I could lay a nickel on there and increase the surface area and it would be "better".

If you ran for more than ~3-4s without a heatsink it probably cooked the CPU anyway.
I have run a quad core without a heatsink for a post check for a few minutes like this video, I don't recommend people do what I do. Intel Core 2 Duo E4500,running naked,without heatsink & fan

Last edited:
I don't believe you.
Corrupted bios generally means you can't even enter it, let alone looping boots.

Pic of said home built programmer please?
Like I said, I don't believe you.
You can't diag your own board problem, yet you can build your own programmer? Not biting. Show me.

WHAT;S so ff wrong with u Scott, ur not helping ur distracting, comments u can not diagnose and u made ur self a programator, ur so s...d !!!.

People coming here on FORUMS, does not mean they r 3y old and that the ones posting knows everything...

FORUMS like this are to be used to exchange experience and knowwledge not to be given to ppl like ur self....cause ur not worthy, no knowledge, no experience, just pure stupidity and wilingess to write stupid comments..

So please sfu... Read if u wanna read if u dont want to read then please leave..

I sad the post is SOLVED, AND whoo the ff are u to send u picss,, ur so noobles there are so many schematics, pcb, layouts, but not for u since u can not read any of theeese, only fff thing u have learned is reseting CMOS, I bet u dont even know what it is....:confused:

So dont try to help anymore, and please leave the topic is CLOSED, it should be readable for ppl who come here trying to find a possible solution for their problem.....:temper:
:bump

WHAT;S so ff wrong with u Scott, ur not helping ur distracting, comments u can not diagnose and u made ur self a programator, ur so s...d !!!.

People coming here on FORUMS, does not mean they r 3y old and that the ones posting knows everything...

FORUMS like this are to be used to exchange experience and knowwledge not to be given to ppl like ur self....cause ur not worthy, no knowledge, no experience, just pure stupidity and wilingess to write stupid comments..

So please sfu... Read if u wanna read if u dont want to read then please leave..

I sad the post is SOLVED, AND whoo the ff are u to send u picss,, ur so noobles there are so many schematics, pcb, layouts, but not for u since u can not read any of theeese, only fff thing u have learned is reseting CMOS, I bet u dont even know what it is....:confused:

So dont try to help anymore, and please leave the topic is CLOSED, it should be readable for ppl who come here trying to find a possible solution for their problem.....:temper:
:bump

Just going to throw this out here, you're the new guy and getting angry with and insulting older members. Not going to turn out well.
Also, please slow down and use proper grammar/spelling, it'll make it way easier for us to read, help you, and help others.

Also, we don't close threads around here. They stay open, but if you stop replying it'll simply get pushed out of the front lists.

While Mr Scott could have written his request nicer, your posts are a bit confusing and very hard to read/comprehend. I would say that I'm pretty experienced when it comes to computers and I don't know how you fixed your issue. He is asking how you resolved it. Posting this would be a good addition to the thread so that if anyone else has the same issue, they can get their board working again too.

EDIT: Gubenena, stay way from personal insults. I removed the post directly after this one.

While Mr Scott could have written his request nicer, your posts are a bit confusing and very hard to read/comprehend. I would say that I'm pretty experienced when it comes to computers and I don't know how you fixed your issue. He is asking how you resolved it. Posting this would be a good addition to the thread so that if anyone else has the same issue, they can get their board working again too.

Thideras,

With all do respect,

I think I have written it...
But will do it again, np

I have REFLASHED my BIOS CHIP MXL258005PC-15G (using bios FLASHER programator) there are many DIY on (search engines) not advertasing
MB --ASUS p5KC

REALLY IMPORTANT latest BIOS 1203 is no good for me, and problems ocuured since I have upgraded BIOS it worked, but as soon as I have overclocked my cpu I had fail...boot loop, and now when I FLASHED CHIP with latest bios I was suspicious that it will not go good, and that's how it happened, so in the end I have downloaded the one that was sitting in chip before and it;s version 0701, so now everything is just fine......****maybe my memory does not likes new BIOS, or maybe cause on official site they say it's just for VISTA, XP etc, though it should not have to do anything with OS u have but yet dont have time to investigate that, so will leave it as is.....

To clarify since I think there is a translation problem. You used a device (I believe they are called a "flash programmer") to flash the bios chip directly to restore the original BIOS since one it had one that was inoperable.

That makes sense and thank you for re-explaining.

EDIT: Gubenena, stay way from personal insults. I removed the post directly after this one.

I do but then u should first challenge Scot to learn the proper way of addressing to somone....

Am not insulted, but will not allow ppl mugging me..
And I had enough of this so pls I sad I have done with him, u can remove my post if it's insulting him *(true always hurts)...

I removed the posts that I thought were inappropriate. As I said, I think there is a bit of a language barrier, which fueled the frustration on both sides. Now that we have an understanding, everyone should be good.

To clarify since I think there is a translation problem. You used a device (I believe they are called a "flash programmer") to flash the bios chip directly to restore the original BIOS since one it had one that was inoperable.

That makes sense and thank you for re-explaining.

YAP exactly, my BIOS chip is 8 legged the one that u can easily remove by pulling it out, but u need a stady hand so u dont clip LEGS of the chip cause they r tiny...

Insert the chip in to a programmator, use the free software, SPIPGM let's say.... and many others.... and u grab a beer, say ur prays. I was a bit lucky cause I tried hot swaping the BIOS chip on my friends PC, so could of do the damage to both mine and hees pc, I could not FLASH it this way, so DIY and easy deal....

YAP exactly, my BIOS chip is 8 legged the one that u can easily remove by pulling it out, but u need a stady hand so u dont clip LEGS of the chip cause they r tiny...

Insert the chip in to a programmator, use the free software, SPIPGM let's say.... and many others.... and u grab a beer, say ur prays. I was a bit lucky cause I tried hot swaping the BIOS chip on my friends PC, so could of do the damage to both mine and hees pc, by the was I could not FLASH it this way, so DIY and easy deal....
I did something similar to this with an old Abit board when the chip died. I borrowed a friend's BIOS chip (same exact board), booted his BIOS chip to the flash screen, hot-swapped the chip, and flashed mine. Worked like a charm. :cool:

Sorry for being probably the most blunt guy you'll ever meet. It's just how I am. People that know me know that going in.
The way I understanded the post was that the OP built his own programmer. That's what I had a problem with. I know you can buy them.....I own one. I've also done more hot flashes in a 12 hour period than most of you will do in a lifetime, so I'm not unfamiliar.
My apologies to the staff for the commotion, and to the OP for misunderstanding.

Sorry for being probably the most blunt guy you'll ever meet. It's just how I am. People that know me know that going in.
The way I understanded the post was that the OP built his own programmer. That's what I had a problem with. I know you can buy them.....I own one. I've also done more hot flashes in a 12 hour period than most of you will do in a lifetime, so I'm not unfamiliar.
My apologies to the staff for the commotion, and to the OP for misunderstanding.

I really cant see why it's so difficult for u to understad that I have built one, for my USE, I know that for u it's easier to buy things, for me it's adventure so I build one, not that difficult !!! u dont need to have SPECIAL LABORATORY to build one as simple as it is !!!.
:popcorn:
And last I dont see where ti goes "I undestanded the post was that Mr. Nenad built his own programmer" surely I have... So what's the fuss about it... You buy things, I build things....

Most people just buy new chips, if they can't rma their board. It's not often that a newer member such as yourself comes in with a severe bios problem, and then just builds a device to flash said chip and have no problems afterwards. I got a kick out if this thread, thanks :thup:

This is awesome, I like to build stuff also. Why don't you give us a write up on how to build it and a good place to get the materials. Some pics would be nice also.

I really cant see why it's so difficult for u to understad that I have built one, for my USE, I know that for u it's easier to buy things, for me it's adventure so I build one, not that difficult !!! u dont need to have SPECIAL LABORATORY to build one as simple as it is !!!.
And last I dont see where ti goes "I undestanded the post was that Mr. Nenad built his own programmer" surely I have... So what's the fuss about it... You buy things, I build things....

Can you post a picture of the programmer that you have built, I would like to see it?

yap, asking nicely thx for good previous POST's. will hang pics, but they r though available on internet, so it's not my desing, it's not my build, it;s not my inventive work, I just copied and did my self spi programmer.

Pics of programmer will be mine, but schematics and rest since I dont have them will give u a link so u can look at....
Admins can I post a link, is it allowed ???

P.S And ya surely who undestand;s a bit of electronics, theres not much about pcb, really u can do it by just thin wires, female 8pin socket, 4 resistors 150 Ohm, 1x330 Ohm, 1x550 Ohm, and a voltage regulator, since chips tend to have +3.3v on their right upper legg (chip round mark)..

So really not that hard, I thought it's way difficult but no, it' not

Don't question, just accept the apology........or don't. I could care less.

Bios chips are like $10. Cost of a programmer, or even the components to build your own exceed that cost. That's without factoring in your time.
Regardless. I gave you an out on my misunderstanding, yet you still insist that you built one. Pic of your programmer or you're just telling stories. Don't need schematics on how to build one, just a pic of yours. Pretty simple.
I'm not the only one who asked........so others are thinking the same thing I am. ;)
BTW, a random internet pic is identifiable. ;);)

Last edited:
here are pics, was not here, for a week, holiday etc...

AS sad this is not mine, I mean the design, but who would of guess that's it's that easy interface...

Apology aceppted, maybe :D :p

P.S As you can see iron is not my first tool, :D, but can weld, and it's sort of hobby welder....

Attachments

• 2014-03-22-1019.jpg
    2014-03-22-1019.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 32
  • 2014-03-22-1021.jpg
    2014-03-22-1021.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Back