• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5Q Deluxe BIOS question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The clock menu u talked about(AI Tweaker) doesn't seem to have a place to enable the CPU ratio setting, maybe it should be enabled by enabling the Ai Overclock Tuner, but i already tried it.

The AI Tweaker has 3 extra "buttons" though, that are not marked in the User Guide:
Cpu Clock Skew[auto] (has options like Delay 100ps, delay 200 ps etc)
NB Clock Skew[auto] (same kinda options]
CPU Margin Enchancement[Optimized](options: optimized, compatible, performance mode)

btw should Overvoltage be enabled by jumpers? could this affect the issue i have?

No jumper over volting is for the extreme range of OV.. (beyond 1.9 volts on vcore and nb iirc)

I did not need to adjust any votlage but vdimm and enabled the vdroop mod (load line calibration) to overclock my q9300 to 3500mhz

CPU configuration is not located on that page.. it is under something else.

Where exacly can i moderate the vdimm?
i did enable the load line calibration just now, it didnt give much effect though :D.

The CPU config i talked about is placed under the "advanced" menu tab. Do you mean something else?

vdimm is right in with all the other voltages, about 4 or 5 options above Load line calibration.

LLC is really only needed on a quadcore and only when pushing the edge of stability on stock volts.

EDIT: will not be home till tomorrow night so I cant look at anything till then

Wooh, Did not realize that the post was bumped back. I am still having the same issue. No multi setting. I can set the voltages and bus speed. I am running at 420 x 10, yet cannot change the multi :bang head

This is going to sound weird but I don't have a digital camera right now and won't have one till my wife get back home in 10 days :(. I can list whats on that page thou. Gimmie a sec.

My cell can take a pic but I don't have a computer with bluetooth either. Sorry.

If you can, post a pic of your System Performance Settings menu, like the one that Brolloks posted above.

Ok, I just checked and I have exactly the same list of settings like Brolloks. I just don't have that second line which controls the multiplier. Everything else is the same.

Ok, I just checked and I have exactly the same list of settings like Brolloks. I just don't have that second line which controls the multiplier. Everything else is the same.

I have seen this with another 45nm E0 CPU ona Rampage board, you'll have to sieve through the different bios version to find one that gives you the option to change the multi.... my P5Q deluxe with the E0 Q9650 has no problems though, I'll see if it has the same issue as yours with the E8600 I'm getting

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll wait to hear how your E8600 will behave. I have not flashed the bios with this board since everything else seems to work. Another annoying thing with my bios is that the resolution is wrong. I can't see a little bit of the left side of the Bios screen.

When(if) I flash the bios do I have to reset my raid0? will flashing corrupt the raid? I just don't want to reinstall everything again. Sorry, I have no experience with flashing so I am curious. Thanks.

Flash your BIOS to the latest v1201 revision, and NO you won't corrupt or have to reset your array after flashing.

Problem solved! But in a least expected way...

I downloaded the latest Bios as suggested. Using the AsusUpdate utility flashed it in the windows. Asked me to reboot. When rebooting it got stuck on a black screen (at that point I thought "s#!*&"). I waited 10mins or so then restarted. When posting it said it cannot find something (can't remember what it was) and asked if I wanted to load default Bios settings. Without much options I accepted. I went into the Bios and it was still the old version, but every option that was missing was there.

Another interesting thing, when posting, you get "AI" logo in big letters and before all this, somehow it looked odd and I did not get anything else. The letters "AI" was all white and used to get stuck until it started loading windows. Now, that part shows properly with AI and P5Q deluxe logo.

Turns out, when I got the board, should have loaded default settings then. But who could have thought a new motherboard would need that. This must be an anomaly for sure but I am glad everything looks fine (for) now.

i EZ flashed to a older version. when system rebooted it didnt show image on screen, i tried restarting and waiting and reseting cmos (plug off, battery off, jumper to slot 2 and 3 for 10 secs and then back and battery on, plug on). nothing works, every time i switch my computer on the fans are running on the highest speeds and the monitor says "no signal". I am ****ing myself off :D.

now what?

Last edited:
That's exactly what I was afraid of happening to me yesterday. But I am sure you don't have a bad motherboard. Have you tried removing the onboard battery and reset the jumpers? Check out the bottom of page 2-22 on the user guide. Maybe that could help.

This never happened to me, so I have no idea what may or may not work. Sorry.

i have tried everything i can think of :)
i tried jumperthingie
i tried jumperthingie with removing the battery
i tried removing the battery for 3 hours

there really is nothing else i can think of. any great ideas? :D

remove extras, put ram is slot 4 and reboot (no drives at all connected)

Board should not die from an overclock or a bios flash it is safe gaurded against it.

Although if you tried flashing your old bios and it DID NOT update that should have been a clue that something was awry.

How are you restarting the computer

With failed oc, you power it up it does not run, then hold power for 4 seconds to power down. Wait till everything spins down. Power backup and it resets everything. the asus diehard bios SHOULD recover your bios automatically, but if you kill power via the PSU switch, then it might not trigger the reset option.

Just a thought. It has 2 chips so it sohuld recover it self. Also never flash when OCed. ;)

It was defaulted when I flashed it. Ok now I have tryed Clearing CMOS.
I also removed all harddrives, CD-Roms and floppy drives.

does not help.

well my PC is working again. what i had to do is swap the 2 bios'es to one another's sockets. that's because i think my motherboard did not get a connection to the other, backup bios. now everything is back to where it was before, stuff is working, but no CPU ratio setting(here we go again...).

Basically, what Khato did was to brake the primary bios(thats why u got the black screen) and then use the backup bios(which gave u the cpu ratio settings, somewhy). for me the backup bios didnt give the cpu ratio settings, though :(. at least i can use my pc again :p.

any great ideas on the cpu multiplier?

Last edited:
Back