• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P9 X79 Pro - Help with SATA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Regarding UPS in the link , CyberPower are one of the cheapest UPS but are not that bad. I'm selling them sometimes but for bigger servers I always offer APC. Support is pretty bad in Poland but price beats all and batteries are easy to get.
You can find cables to connect UPS without issues. Less popular cables on local market can be ordered within ~2-3 weeks ( depends from store but it's usually time in distribution/manufacturer all over the world ).

Best is to get some higher power UPS than you actually need. As you see in that CyberPower link , 810W UPS will run for about 3 mins at about 700W load. If you really use ~800W ten best is to get ~1kW+ as battery performance is dropping in time.

+1 Woomack. I am just confused at why Ajay mentioned calculating/converting amperage and such. Its simply know your wattage load, and know how long you want/need a UPS to run in case of an outage. No math needed.

The link provided says exactly what you are saying Woo as far as capacity for a unit (added link). :)

Thanks for the explanations guys. My PSU is 850W so I guess I will need 1kW UPS if I can find one, and I will probably have to save up. Im not sure if my PC ever use 850W though even in games.

EDIT:
Oh man I just checked the prices for these things. 1.4kW one cost nearly £1000 lol
I can basically build a second pc for that :p

It could be OK you have the Ebay money back guarantee etc, so what else can i say On_Point!!

Thanks for the explanations guys. My PSU is 850W so I guess I will need 1kW UPS if find one, and I will probably have to save up. Im not sure if my PC ever use 850W though even in games.

EDIT:
Oh man I just checked the prices for these things. 1.4kW one cost nearly £1000 lol
I can basically build a second pc for that :p
that link said system power draw I thought, not based off your PSU?

So you would be anywhere from ~100w idle to 400w load (likely a lot less) at most really for your system. According to the configurator, a 600w would suffice it seems.

Edit: yeah it is system load not PSU capacity. 900w unit is a lot as the guide says 20-25% over system load. If you can afford the 900w and it has the runtime and especially.voltage requirements you are looking for, why not?

Last edited:
Yea and even the seller is offering a "no-quibble 12 month swap out warranty"
But how is this so cheap compared to what I saw on Amazon lol

Last edited:
Yea ED I was just thinking about what my power draw could be and didnt really have a clue to be honest. I thought anywhere from 100W-850W lol
I would have looked up what my components draw eventually :p

EDIT:
Great to know 900W would be more than enough :)
Please have a look at the link if you could. It looks all good to me, 900W and has the voltage requirements for both countries and comes with warranty.
But I dont know how its this price. Because the last one I saw was WAY more expensive.

I knew enough to know no conversions needed to happen to buy one! Otherwise I do not know whatever makes one a good one.

A known good brand is APC though...

Hey guys, I noticed something in CPUZ today. Now I have my VCORE Voltage set to 1.265v But in CPUZ I see the "Core Voltage" jump from time to time (when idle) between 1.264 -1.272
Is this normal? Perhaps im not giving it enough and its taking more anyway?
But this only happens for a split sec, it jumps to 1.272 then jumps straight back

Hey, I was considering changing the ram timings. But I wanted to ask in general how this can effect the overclock. Also how useful is faster ram timings in games?

One should not play around with your Ram Timings, unless you know what you are doing!!

The reason is simple all the Overclocks you did are saved in your OC Profiles and the timings are also set, if you where to change anything there is a good possibility your OC could Crash!!

The 2 items are linked together your CPU with your RAM, Play with your ram and it would cause stability problems to your CPU and OC!

Yes you can Overclock your Ram Timings and Speed, but its a Art Form in the same way you learn to OC your CPU. You have to learn and have a very good basic knowledge how it works.

As for me i leave mine alone, just set it for the Max, and that's it.

EDIT: The best Member to ask about Ram and timings is Woomack!!

AJ.

Hey, I was considering changing the ram timings. But I wanted to ask in general how this can effect the overclock. Also how useful is faster ram timings in games?
don't do it. No difference in gaming above say 1866. And even 1600 to 1866 is negligble.. among other reasons...

don't do it. No difference in gaming above say 1866. And even 1600 to 1866 is negligble.. among other reasons...

I was not planning to change frequency, just the timings to 9-9-9-24. Though im not sure if it will make a difference. Will it make any noticable difference?

The reason I was even considering this was, Assasins Creed Black Flag was running like 30 FPS which was shocking to me. But I think the problem is the game PhysX.
I found a temp fix for it.

Back