• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P9 X79 Pro - Help with SATA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yeah that light show they gave was just marketing lol

Omg those ********! :shock: lol
This is a great case but Phantek are looking like *******s to me.
I contacted them for customer support, its been like 2 weeks no reply.
And you need to give them all your details, including address to ask anything.

I would try for 42 on the Multiplyer and leave the Bclk @ 100 and then set your ram speed manually i.e. if its 1600 then set it to that. Also set your Ram Voltage as to what it say's on the box or Ram Sticks 1.50v or 1.65v. As for your Vcore voltage try 1.275v in manual not Off set, and see if it will boot into windows!!

Come back to us with the results and yes set your LLC to HIGH and DISABLE Intel Speed Step. And all your CStates Disable them as well.

AJ.

Yep, what Ajay said.
Best is to disable all C states like C1/C3/C6 ... set vcore to ~1.25V and try +1 CPU ratio, if it boots into windows then run stability test like already mentioned Prime95 for ~1h. If it's stable then add +1 CPU ratio and try again. When you see any errors then add +0.05V ( so you get ~1.3V ) and try again.
For 24/7 work best is to stay at about 1.35V max ( depends from cooling etc ).
When you make it stable and you decide it's good enough for you then back here for some additional tips.

You can count on something like:
4.2-4.3 GHz / 1.15 -1.25V
4.4-4.5 GHz / 1.25 -1.35V
There are of course exceptions too.

+1 To the advice of my good friend Woomack there just follow what has been said, and you should be nearly there. As no 2 CPU's are exactly the same, some need more Vcore and if your lucky some need a lot less!! And they are the golden CPU's.

AJ.

I would try for 42 on the Multiplyer and leave the Bclk @ 100 and then set your ram speed manually i.e. if its 1600 then set it to that. Also set your Ram Voltage as to what it say's on the box or Ram Sticks 1.50v or 1.65v. As for your Vcore voltage try 1.275v in manual not Off set, and see if it will boot into windows!!

Come back to us with the results and yes set your LLC to HIGH and DISABLE Intel Speed Step. And all your CStates Disable them as well.

AJ.

Where is the multiplyer? And I only see 1 CState. Which is CPU CState.

If you look at this photo you can see where you should be, in the AI TWEAKER!! Then set your Ai Overclocker tuner = Manual.

BCLK Freq to 100.00
CPU Strap= Auto.

Where it say's BY ALL CORES!! Set that in the window to 42!!
MEMORY FREQ Set that to the same as your RAM SPEED!!

THEN SCROLL DOWN and set all the other things like RAM VOLTAGE + CPU VOLTAGE!! All these you have to enter by yourself, and when your finished changing the settings.

F10 and SAVE YOUR NEW SETTINGS and see if it will BOOT into windows!!

AJ.

ASUS_P9X79_BIOS_Screen_OC_3.jpg

Ok I set the all those, but what about all these C States you guys mentioned? (C1/C3/C6)
I can only find 1 setting, which is "CPU C State"

Also my ram has a bunch of speeds, should I use 1866?
The ram said 1866Mhz - 2666Mhz speeds. But when it was set to auto, it was running around 1330Mhz

Btw my Bios was Version 4302 out of the box and I just updated it to the latest Version 4502 before starting to overclock :)

Ok I set the all those, but what about all these C States you guys mentioned? (C1/C3/C6)
I can only find 1 setting, which is "CPU C State"

Also my ram has a bunch of speeds, should I use 1866?
The ram said 1866Mhz - 2666Mhz speeds. But when it was set to auto, it was running around 1330Mhz

Btw my Bios was Version 4302 out of the box and I just updated it to the latest Version 4502 before starting to overclock :)

Sometimes it's one C state option for all , sometimes there are 3-4 options. No difference really, just disable it ( maybe Ajay will add something as I don't have this board ).

Regarding memory, check what memory you bought for this rig. If you have 1866 then set 1866. Later you can try some overclocking but at the beginning focus on CPU speed as it counts much more.

There is 2 ways to set up your RAM,that is like Woomack said, the XMP way, and the Manual way by just finding your Ram speed and click on that. Then go to your Voltage for your Ram and set that up as well!! I happen to use the Manual Way, but that is my own choice On_Point!! :) :salute:

So as long as your careful you will not harm anything, but i would say keep a pen and paper handy. And write down the changes you do in the Bios, and try not to change too many settings at a time, which also helps. ;) :thup:

EDIT: That is listed as XMP AND SET @ 1.65VOLTS!! As for RAM Woomack is the King of Ram on OCF he does a lot of Testing different types!

GL, AJ.

Last edited:
Ok I tried doing this but I there is no "Turbo Ration" in my BIOS
There is CPU Core ratio but I cannot set it to 42 or anything

I can only set it to Auto, Sync All Cores or Per Core if I got Overclock Tuner set to Manual.
If I set the Overclock Tuner to XMP, it automatically gets set to "Sync All Cores".

Even if I choose "Per Core" each core is set to Auto and I cant change it.

Attachments

• 131229132139.jpg
    131229132139.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 64
When you set the core ratio to all cores, it should create another section where you can edit the multiplier.

I mean did you click on sync all cores and see what happens?????????

When you set the core ratio to all cores, it should create another section where you can edit the multiplier.

I mean did you click on sync all cores and see what happens?????????

Lol my bad. I thought they get stuck on "Auto" because I was trying to use the up/down keys.
But you can just enter t he value you want with numpad :p

Btw how do you know what the ratio is? what to try next?
Where does 42 come from and what does it mean?

PS

It booted up fine with those settings Aajay, im using them now running ar 4199.02Mhz :thup:

So what ratio to try next? :p

Do not try to rush things get a solid base to work from like 42, try testing it with P95 Small FFT's first, set the workers to 8 and run the test!! Did you set the Ram Speed and Voltage like we said?? Once you have this 100% Stable and tested for a few hours, then go to you Bios Profile Section and save the Settings for this OVERCLOCK!!

Then you have a solid base to go back to and work from to try to get higher on the Multiplyer, your limit will be about 44 to 45 depending on what kind of CPU you have.

One step at a time a rushed OC is usually a bad OC!!

GL AJ.

Yea I set the RAM to XMP Profile 1, so thats running at 1866Mhz with 9-11-9-27 timings
I may try changing the timings in the future. From what I have read it should run at 9-9-9-24 and even clock up to around 2000Mhz

I ran P95 Small FFTs and it seems to be stable at this setting.

Can you tell me how you know what multipliers to try? And should I try 44 next?
Btw my CPU is i7 4820k

Sorry i forgot yours is a 4820K, so in that case go for 44 then 46!!! Get the 44 stable like the 42 and save it in your OC Profiles, i list mine by the OC!!

No 1, 4.2mhz.

No 2, 4.4mhz.

And so forth and so on!!

GL AJ.

Oh I see:) THanks I will try that out now.
Btw someone mentioned getting a signature, so you can see my specs.
Can you tell me how to do this?

At the top of the page to the right hand side, there is "QUICK LINKS" just click on that and then click "EDIT SIG." That will take you to a page where you can create your own Sig!!

AJ.

Done :thup:

It seems im running steady at 4.4Ghz too. I only ran P95 for like 20mins today though....I will run it for longer tomorrow. Temps on one core were around 70°C all the other ones were 60s

Been playing some games and no crashes or anything.

Back