• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus ROG Strix B550-E Bluetooth Issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ramm5797

Hi,

I just switched over from an MSI b450 Tomahawk and in setting up my new motherboard, I've somehow got my bluetooth to stop working completely (Wi-Fi is working fine). Everything seemed to be working fine until I went onto Asus' website to install the drivers for the board.

When I run the bluetooth troubleshooter it says "Bluetooth is not available on this device" and bluetooth doesn't show up in the device manager at all so I'm not really sure what to do here.

I've done a bunch of googling and youtubing but haven't found any solution so I was wondering if anyone here has had a similar issue and found a way to fix this.

Thanks!

How was your B450 Tomahawk before this? Is it the "regular" (non-"Max") one like mine is? Still got mine, which isn't the "Max", but seems to hardly have differences.

I'm tempted to get a B550! :attn:

I would go to the BIOS and look for the option to enable Bluetooth, if built in to the motherboard. For an external one, I dunno.

Be sure it is enabled in the bios/reset the bios to defaults...

...update the bios to the latest version...

The B450 was great! Only reason I switched was to make room for that 3080 when I finally get one. Mine was a Max but not entirely sure what the difference is between it and the non-max version honestly.

Yup its defintely enabled in the BIOS but I did go through and make sure that was the case, thanks!

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

It's enabled in the BIOS but I'll go ahead and trying updating. I didn't think to try that since it was working fine prior to installing the latest drivers. I'll try and see how that goes!

Oh ok well that's why I got it then, since I paired it a the Ryzen 7 3700X.

Also figured out my issue. Well fixed it but not entirely sure what the issue was. I uninstalled all the bluetooth drivers, reinstalled the bluetooth drivers on the ASUS website, unplugged the wifi/bluetooth antenna and hard reset my system. When I rebooted and plugged in the antenna everything was working again. I know that the antenna has to be plugged in to have access to bluetooth so that might explain what happened there.

Ryzen 7 3700X doesn't require a B550 nor the "Max" version of MSI B450 Tomahawk.
The other difference between the MAX and other B450 boards is they are already flashed and compatible with Ryzen 3000 series. Otherwise, you'd need to flash the BIOS.

Remember the beef was that some B450 boards couldn't support both old and new chips due to the size of the BIOS.

The other difference between the MAX and other B450 boards is they are already flashed and compatible with Ryzen 3000 series. Otherwise, you'd need to flash the BIOS.

Remember the beef was that some B450 boards couldn't support both old and new chips due to the size of the BIOS.

Mine already had a late-enough version of BIOS. (1C) https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-TOMAHAWK#down-bios

I already updated to 1E a while ago, but that was optional for me.

That's good! But not always the case (I should have said guaranteed to be flasehd) and one of a couple reasons why go MAX. ;)

Some B450 boards don't have BIOS flashback so you need the right BIOS on it out of the gate.

Back