• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI Tool 8800 GTS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Overclocks will vary from card to card, and manufacturer to manufacturer. If you aren't seeing artifacts, then keep bumping it up until you do, then back it down a little from there.

Last edited:
I'm at 1170...I feel like I must be doing something wrong :)

How long do you leave the artifact scanner on any given level?

Oh and howdy neighbor :) (Round Rock)

You will see artifacts very quickly, in fact ATI tool sees artifacts well before you will see them in game so some artifacts are ok. Just keep bumping it up until the yellow specs start showing up.
Dan

It's at 1665...

I don't get it, it listed the default at 792...no way you can double the clock right :)

I run nTune to check the bus speed and it says "GPU memory: 1665.000 Mhz"

:S

Glitch in the drivers, if you're running a dual monitor setup you cannot overclock the memory. I had mine up to like 6000mhz and no artifacts =P

Can you disable the second monitor and overclock it to find the settings? Or if you plug the second monitor in it won't work anyway...

And thanks!

Seinken said:
Glitch in the drivers, if you're running a dual monitor setup you cannot overclock the memory. I had mine up to like 6000mhz and no artifacts =P

LOL, fair enough, shows how much I know about the 88's...
Dan

AngelicPenguin said:
It's at 1665...

I don't get it, it listed the default at 792...no way you can double the clock right :)

I run nTune to check the bus speed and it says "GPU memory: 1665.000 Mhz"

:S

Sure that isn't 1600 mhz effective? Try using everest to see what the clocks are.

I like your avatar pic btw, super cute.

Disabling the second monitor in windows allowed me to overclock the memory. I could see it was actually working this time because the temperature of my card began to rise in ATITool (rather than staying around 70 degrees C). I suppose I'll need to get some sort of VGA cooler or something because it hit about 87 degrees C. It was around 1065 when it started having artifacts, but the computer also hard locked at 1045. Once that happened, I just shut it off for the night :)

So during "scan for artifacts", would that be considered "under load" for the card? Is 87 degrees too hot?

-Matthew

Yeah, "scan for artifacts" would be considered under load, especially at those temps.

Actually, I'm in Round Rock, but I put Austin cause I figure it's all the same these days. ;)

AngelicPenguin said:
So during "scan for artifacts", would that be considered "under load" for the card? Is 87 degrees too hot?

I find that the ATI scan heats up my card more than looped 3Dmark and most games. Does a pretty good job on the CPU too...
Dan

Success!

If anyone is interested, it clocked to 615/1015. I'm not sure if it could go higher, but I had a hard lock at 618 when running "Find Max Core" and 1015+ started giving artifacts.

Back