• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

automatic fans, fan control?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Metal Man

I want to set up my air system in my tower. I am aware of my temps so I dont need the programs for monitoring temps. I am using this MOBO http://www.asrock.com.tw/mb/overview.asp?Model=870 Extreme3 .
It has 5 plug ins for fans , 2(1 CPU) of them are 4pin and the others are 3 pin. I have enough room on my tower for 5 regular fans, might add some "slot" fans in the back some time in the future. My main issue Is I want the fans to run automaticly and unless I am missing some thing they wont run automaticly. I would like the fans to slow when the temps are down and speed up as the temps increase until the temps are back down. I dont want to be messing with the fans and temps. Right now my MOBO stays pretty constant at 85F and the CPU when the temps rise and fall I have to adjust the fans according to the heat, is there a setting on the MOBO to monitor this? What are my options? Thanks

you probably can't control them all on that mobo, go look in the bios and see if there's something like smart fan or something with a similar name. More than likely you can only control PWM fans connected to the 4 pin headers.

Your best bet is SpeedFan, but "hopefully" it supports your mobo super IO chip that controls all your fan headers.

I'd go with a fan controller and not with software. Fan controller software never has work fine for me and run the fall at full speed all time isn't a good option.

I'd go with a fan controller and not with software. Fan controller software never has work fine for me and run the fall at full speed all time isn't a good option.

With all due respect to the guys who know a lot more than I do about these things :salute: why not START with software. That way, you can at least see if the software you pick works or not, at no real cost. If it doesn't, then you can fall back to Plan B, which is a hardware fan controller.:soda:

Never found any fan control software that worked. The only board control I liked was on my Intel 1156/i5-650 htpc system. On everything else I always use manual fan controls.

Back