• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad Company 2 - Retail Release - Smiley Grenade Edition

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You can still have the enemy speak in Russian while you are American and seperately set your own settings so you hear English when you are playing Russian. It sucks because it's defaulted on Russian which is gibberish to most people when you say "I'll heal you" or "Hey I need a ride" and they don't stop. I'm not too concerned about what the enemy is saying.

I disagree. I hate the idea of obvious Russians running around... speaking to other russians... in English with a russian accent.

That's just stupid.

It reminds me of when I was living in France and... instead of having French subtitles for American movies... they would dub over the movie in French. So you hear Jack Nicholson cursing out Batman in French... Which is ridiculous.

People get spoiled by the fact that only like 2% of the people in America speak a second language.

Broaden your horizons. Learn the FIVE PHRASES of Russian they have in the game! :p

It won't kill you.

"Heal me."
"Give me bullets."
"There's a sniper over there." (and they use the english word "sniper"... What more do you want?)

I disagree. I hate the idea of obvious Russians running around... speaking to other russians... in English with a russian accent.

That's just stupid.

It reminds me of when I was living in France and... instead of having French subtitles for American movies... they would dub over the movie in French. So you hear Jack Nicholson cursing out Batman in French... Which is ridiculous.

People get spoiled by the fact that only like 2% of the people in America speak a second language.

Broaden your horizons. Learn the FIVE PHRASES of Russian they have in the game! :p

It won't kill you.

"Heal me."
"Give me bullets."
"There's a sniper over there." (and they use the english word "sniper"... What more do you want?)
Totally Agree

By the way, you lost me with the 2% percent thing in America. I can't find that on google.

That's just stupid.

It won't kill you.

"Heal me."
"Give me bullets."
Ok, I'll admit it, that post brought me right back in with "Team Rainless"...:rock:

That's just stupid.

It won't kill you.

"Heal me."
"Give me bullets."

I keep mine set so when I'm on the American team I hear the enemy speaking in Russian... But when I'm on the Russian team, I hear it in English. I'm fluent in 2 languages and speak enough to get by in 8 others so my horizons are pretty broad... However most players won't bother learning even one phrase and tune it out as background yelling.

The problem is, it's DEFAULTED that way and thier Audio options don't give an explanation what "Original" and "Localized" mean. So the vast majority of players who will never bother to learn will basically ignore your request. Whenever you want to heal someone, request a ride, any request... 99% of the players while playing on the Russian team won't understand. Defaulting the Russian language is a communication problem and disadvantage while playing on the Russian team for that reason. After all, this game focuses on TEAM effort rather than individual action and if your whole team isn't on the same page, it doesn't make sense why'd they default it that way?

I keep mine set so when I'm on the American team I hear the enemy speaking in Russian... But when I'm on the Russian team, I hear it in English. I'm fluent in 2 languages and speak enough to get by in 8 others so my horizons are pretty broad... However most players won't bother learning even one phrase and tune it out as background yelling.

The problem is, it's DEFAULTED that way and thier Audio options don't give an explanation what "Original" and "Localized" mean. So the vast majority of players who will never bother to learn will basically ignore your request. Whenever you want to heal someone, request a ride, any request... 99% of the players while playing on the Russian team won't understand. Defaulting the Russian language is a communication problem and disadvantage while playing on the Russian team for that reason. After all, this game focuses on TEAM effort rather than individual action and if your whole team isn't on the same page, it doesn't make sense why'd they default it that way?

Because you're supposed to BE Russian! It's not just Russian either. They have French, too. That's why the flags are different. Hell... That's the only way I ever know what flag I'm supposed to be capturing. I see a Russian flag, I hear my teammates speaking Russian... I move onto the next one. I see an American flag.... I hear everybody speaking Russian... I start shooting.

I mean in SPACE you have the excuse of "Universal Translators" and all that nonsense... But since this game is supposed to take place... ON EARTH... then of course the Russians are going to speak Russian and the Americans are going to speak English.

...unless they speak Spanish.

You should still see something on your minimap when someone tells you something, odds are you would be looking there to find the guy you heard anyway.

Because you're supposed to BE Russian! It's not just Russian either. They have French, too. That's why the flags are different. Hell... That's the only way I ever know what flag I'm supposed to be capturing. I see a Russian flag, I hear my teammates speaking Russian... I move onto the next one. I see an American flag.... I hear everybody speaking Russian... I start shooting.

I mean in SPACE you have the excuse of "Universal Translators" and all that nonsense... But since this game is supposed to take place... ON EARTH... then of course the Russians are going to speak Russian and the Americans are going to speak English.

Or Portuguese lol
**rubs chin as if in deep thought**
haha
No minimap in hardcore where the men play. ;)
You mean the kids that want to be men.

Also, if you hear someone talking, look around, they have a big animated icon on their head.

Well this is BS, can't actually find a server with good ping because the damn pings are not listed anymore!

The few times I found and joined servers that aren't full, they turned out to all be somewhere on the other side of the world. Playing with 250+ ping is retarded. What happened to this game all of a sudden?

Is it the patch being late on Steam causing these massive issues?

Well this is BS, can't actually find a server with good ping because the damn pings are not listed anymore!

The few times I found and joined servers that aren't full, they turned out to all be somewhere on the other side of the world. Playing with 250+ ping is retarded. What happened to this game all of a sudden?

I haven't been able to see server ping since the game was released. They did work in Beta tho :D

Close Steam, go to BC2 Install directory, right click the game> properties>Compatibility TAB> Run this program as Administrator. You do the same for Steam.

Good Luck

Close Steam, go to BC2 Install directory, right click the game> properties>Compatibility TAB> Run this program as Administrator. You do the same for Steam.

Good Luck

Had done that already.. and it's been fine until today. Seems all the servers are on the new patch but steam hasn't updated yet so it's causing this.

Edit: Think I partially fixed it now. Disabled/Enabled my network adapter to reconnect. It's showing some servers' ping now, most of them still blank.

Last edited:

That's the same argument the people in MMORPG's who wanted to roleplay would use... If you want to roleplay that you are actually a Russian soldier thats fine but the main reason most of us are playing the game is for the action. (In space those universal translators work great for hitting on green women by the way.) :cool: Since Multiplayer has very little explanation of how things work, actually hearing "Hey I need ammo over here!" along with seeing that little icon (if you are playing non-hardcore, LOL Steve!), would help alot of players learn faster that they should hand out some ammo instead of interperting Russian gibberish as looking out for enemy or taking some objective. Everytime I play on the American side I don't run into those problems.

No minimap in hardcore where the men play. ;)

By the way, I've seen people doing some pretty inventive ways to win Rush maps quickly. They take a UAV, stick about 6-8 sticks of C4 on it and have thier buddy fly near the MCOM station and then blow it up instantly!! :rock:

I get some strange messages onscreen sometimes when I log back onto Bad Comany? A recent one said "Your recent form has degraded your skill level. Now get back to the battlefield and start working on your improvement." And it will say skill level 185 in large numbers?? What does that mean? What is the max skill level or is there one?

Edit: Oh yeah, and why is it that when I stab people sometimes I collect goldish/orange looking dogtags and others silver? I've gotten both in the same round but not from the same person.

Last edited:
Back