• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad Company 2 - Retail Release - Smiley Grenade Edition

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's the same argument the people in MMORPG's who wanted to roleplay would use... If you want to roleplay that you are actually a Russian soldier thats fine but the main reason most of us are playing the game is for the action.

There's no "action". If you want to talk about Roleplaying... then you're ROLEPLAYING that there's action. You're really sitting at home in your shorts with a shot glass of Mountain Dew. :p

So if you're going to Role Play that you're experiencing "action"... while sitting on your couch... then you might as well go ALL-IN!

That's the same argument the people in MMORPG's who wanted to roleplay would use... If you want to roleplay that you are actually a Russian soldier thats fine but the main reason most of us are playing the game is for the action. (In space those universal translators work great for hitting on green women by the way.) :cool: Since Multiplayer has very little explanation of how things work, actually hearing "Hey I need ammo over here!" along with seeing that little icon (if you are playing non-hardcore, LOL Steve!), would help alot of players learn faster that they should hand out some ammo instead of interperting Russian gibberish as looking out for enemy or taking some objective. Everytime I play on the American side I don't run into those problems.

By the way, I've seen people doing some pretty inventive ways to win Rush maps quickly. They take a UAV, stick about 6-8 sticks of C4 on it and have thier buddy fly near the MCOM station and then blow it up instantly!! :rock:

I get some strange messages onscreen sometimes when I log back onto Bad Comany? A recent one said "Your recent form has degraded your skill level. Now get back to the battlefield and start working on your improvement." And it will say skill level 185 in large numbers?? What does that mean? What is the max skill level or is there one?

Edit: Oh yeah, and why is it that when I stab people sometimes I collect goldish/orange looking dogtags and others silver? I've gotten both in the same round but not from the same person.
interesting idea on the UAV, cheap, but interesting.

As for the dogtags I've read that if you knife someone between lvl 1->20 it is bronze 20-40 is silver 40-50 is gold.

As far as the UAV I do something similar with the atv/humvee. Slap 4 c4s on it and go find a tank!. Jump off before you get to the tank and detonate!

What the heck xD If I say learn russian is not because you're russian, is because you don't understand shatz of what they're saying amd yeah, you need to understand so learn a couple of phrases because they won't do harm.

Whoever was asking about Silver and gold tags, it depends who you kill. If you kill...

Level 1-19 = Bronze Dog Tag
Level 20-39(?) = Silver Dog Tag
Level 40-50(?) = Gold Dog tag

Kinda works like that.

The c4+uav is a sweet idea lol..reminds me of car bombing in BF2 with the buggies.

BTW how do you request ammo/medpacks etc? Also anyone having trouble marking enemies with "q" Sometimes i have to hit it 10 times before it spots the enemy.

BTW how do you request ammo/medpacks etc? Also anyone having trouble marking enemies with "q" Sometimes i have to hit it 10 times before it spots the enemy.
Put your cursor on an Assault or Medic to request ammo or medpacks.

Marking enemies seems to be hit or miss at times. I've heard there is a limit on the number of spots you can make in a period of time to prevent spamming, but it does seems like often when it should mark an enemy it doesn't. Maybe they will improve it in a future patch.

Dammit Rainless, how did you know I'm in my shorts drinking Mountain Dew??? Must of hacked into my Playstation Camera or something? LOL

Put your cursor on an Assault or Medic to request ammo or medpacks.

Marking enemies seems to be hit or miss at times. I've heard there is a limit on the number of spots you can make in a period of time to prevent spamming, but it does seems like often when it should mark an enemy it doesn't. Maybe they will improve it in a future patch.

Yeah I was gonna mention this. The marking enemies is really hit or miss. I can do it probably about %50 of the time. I'll be 10 feet from a Tank and it could be covering my entire screen and I'm jamming the select button but it won't mark it. (I don't bother as much in Hardcore mode though because of no map.) Other times I'm trying to mark one player that I'm looking directly at and I end up marking someone else hiding in a bush or something at the edge of my field of view??? LOL

This is me trying to mark an enemy tank or something until it kills me >>> :fight:

Sometimes servers don't let you mark enemies. I was on one yesterday that did this. I was confused why but I didn't bother asking.

Sometimes servers don't let you mark enemies. I was on one yesterday that did this. I was confused why but I didn't bother asking.

I noticed that too... but still got points for spot assists??

I agree with the auto-balancing thing as well... i was playing a Rush game the other day, was about 15v15... then all of a sudden we get 2 points really quickly... no enemies were around... was a bit confused, so checked the teams, it had become 15v1... felt a bit sorry for that guy!! Might have been a coincidence that 14 people, from the same team left at the same time... was strange...

I just played the ps3 version yesterday and have noticed a difference between the two that I like. With the sniper rifles on pc when you shoot it instantly takes you out of scoped mode, therefore you can't see where your bullet went. On the PS3 version it stays scoped in until you release the shoulder button. Sometimes it takes a little while for the bullet to get there and it helps to see where you actually hit. It's rather annoying.

I just played the ps3 version yesterday and have noticed a difference between the two that I like. With the sniper rifles on pc when you shoot it instantly takes you out of scoped mode, therefore you can't see where your bullet went. On the PS3 version it stays scoped in until you release the shoulder button. Sometimes it takes a little while for the bullet to get there and it helps to see where you actually hit. It's rather annoying.
I think if you hold down the left mouse button it stays scoped in until you unclick.

Just hold RMB on pc and it will stay scoped.

edit: LMB

Last edited:

Just hold RMB on pc and it will stay scoped.

Yeah it's identical really.

That Dualshock 3 just felt so good in his hands he thought it was better. :D

^ lol

BTW guys, there's a new update around yesterday and today about 335.7 MB and it goes like this.
Valve said:
Battlefield Bad Company 2 Update Released
Product Update - Valve
Updates to Battlefield Bad Company 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Miscellaneous
SecuROM is no longer present :)soda:)

Single Player
-Fixed: Graphical issues on some systems on SP_03 (at start and when displaying background mountains at Up river)
-Fixed: Character voice issue during cut scenes in SP_03b (only affected Spanish)
-Fixed: Hang when killed using TOW Launchers in SP_05
-Fixed: Graphical issue on some systems on SP_05 (displaying background mountains)
-Fixed: Voice volume in cut scenes on SP_06
-Fixed: Unexpected dialog at start of SP_08 (only affected Italian)
-Fixed: Random crash in SP_09 cut scenes

Multi Player
-Fixed: Server Browser - Joining a password protected server results in a connection timeout
-Fixed: Server Browser auto updating server list when reopened causing a timeout issue
-Fixed: Password issue during Friend invites
-Fixed: Password text field issue on joining a password protected server
-Fixed: Flickering ship on Arica Harbor
-Fixed: Clan tags that use numbers in them displaying a 0 on the Select Spawn Point screen
-Fixed: Display issue on long server names
-Fixed: Mortar Strike icon not updating (Beta issue)
-Fixed: No Exit Game menu option appearing at the end of some rounds.
-Fixed: Flickering user rank icon (appeared as an animated gif) when user reaches rank 10.
-Fixed: Flickering trees and Red Box on Laguna Presa
-Fixed: User is logged out when failing to create a new soldier
-Fixed: Zeus stationary weapon not appearing in stats
-Fixed: Zu23 not appearing in stats
-Fixed: BMD3 AA not appearing in stats
-Fixed: Friend request displaying incorrect Veteran stats
-Fixed: End of Round screen displayed incorrect UAV_Station now displays correct localized text.
-Fixed: K/D ratio displays in the Front End
-Fixed: K/D ratio displays correctly when comparing
-Change: Server browser now defaults to list via Ping first
-Change: News Ticker font support for Spanish, Polish, Russian and Japanese
-Change: New message for server full (reported as I get no message when I try and join a server, it does nothing)
-Change: New message displayed for attempting to join a password protected server without providing a password (reported as I get no message when I try and join a server, it does nothing;)
-Change: Displays version number on Front End Legal Screen
-Change: Display of weapon icon during loading screen

New update seems good for me, browser running better now. But many other people on EA forums are saying it's crashing them more often, or that they didn't have crashes before and now they do.

Upgrading my CPU quadrupled my min fps (from 11 to 45) and almost doubled my avg. fps (from 55 to 90). I can actually aim in close combat now.

Seems servers are still crashing; I get 'connection lost' and then the server disappears off the list. Not sure if the new patch is causing more crashes or what; I don't get any except when my OC is unstable (had to up my NB volts a bit to get stable since quads are like that).

Back