• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad Company 2 - Retail Release - Smiley Grenade Edition

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I love using the Gustav against snipers, or people hiding behind walls. I just shoot, hiding behind cover, and then see a +50 appear. It's awesome when people are bunched together, or for shooting M-coms.

I wish there were unlocks past rank 25, I don't feel like playing as much when there is nothing to gain other than a new rank icon. :|

Crashing choppers into bombsites and endless mortar strikes on them is so lame. Total exploitation in my book since you can't repair them at all.

I'm level 28 and unlocked everything. I haven't been killed much by rockets at all?? It's rare I see them being used on anything but tanks. I have seen an increase of people using the grenade launcher but it's rare they win against me one-on-on and only get the shot if I'm busy fighting someone else instead fo focusing on them.

The Assualt class was kinda worthless I guess? One good thing is if you can sneak onto the enemy base and get into an M-Com station before anyone checks you are there... You can reload your C4 and plant 10+ and blow the MCOM up without setting off an alarm.

Things I'd like to know:
1. How many C4 charges will it take to blow up an MCOM station in one try?
2. How much damage to MCOM station does the (UAV, Tank round main gun, Grenades, Chopper Crash...ect do??)

Tips:
1. When on the defending side, if you are playing a map that has one of those heavy stationary MG's that have a metal shield in front, immediately mow down a many trees as you can while spamming the target (select) button. The enemy uses trees as cover and without them, your team can easily pick them off from cover of your own trees. It's a long run out in the open without trees as cover! If you can get to the gun immediately, your golden. If not, it's hard to play catch-up.
2. Same for buildings and stuff. Blow up the walls on your side of buildings so you can see anyone up there hiding. I usually leave the other side up so your teammates can shoot from the cover of the windows.

I also wish B:BC2 had more things to unlock. That was what I liked best about MW2. if you got to the store you will see they will be soon selling camo for weapons and more things to unlock for each class.

I also don't have much trouble with people rocketing me. It'll usually happen once every five or six games. My only complaint with the game so far is that the m60 is a little bit overpowered. I think they should adjust so it takes 4 or 5 shots to kill someone instead of just 3 (not certain on that but thats what it appears to be). I think assault needs to be boosted a little bit but with the m16a2 I usually require no more than 3, maybe 4, bursts to get a kill which only takes a second of firing. The 1911 is also a little bit over powered. Well, I think the power of it is correct but you can empty the clip way to quickly. I really hate when developers don't let you fire semi-autos as fast as you can click but I think some delay before each shot needs to be added for balance. Overall I think the game just needs some minor tweaks to fix the balance.

@Tommy,

I think it takes 12 or so stationary AT shots to kill a MCOM station. I'll hop in an empty server tonight and test some of those things out. I'm also curious to see the results. Does the console version allow you to plant as much c4 as you want? I know on the PC version you can only plant 6 at a time. Once you plant your 7th the first one you planted disappears. The AT mines also do a ton of explosive damage. I'm not sure how many you can throw down at once but I'd guess having an engineer + an assault guy would take down a MCOM station faster than c4.

I'm level 28 and unlocked everything. I haven't been killed much by rockets at all?? It's rare I see them being used on anything but tanks. I have seen an increase of people using the grenade launcher but it's rare they win against me one-on-on and only get the shot if I'm busy fighting someone else instead fo focusing on them.

The Assualt class was kinda worthless I guess? One good thing is if you can sneak onto the enemy base and get into an M-Com station before anyone checks you are there... You can reload your C4 and plant 10+ and blow the MCOM up without setting off an alarm.

Things I'd like to know:
1. How many C4 charges will it take to blow up an MCOM station in one try?
2. How much damage to MCOM station does the (UAV, Tank round main gun, Grenades, Chopper Crash...ect do??)

Tips:
1. When on the defending side, if you are playing a map that has one of those heavy stationary MG's that have a metal shield in front, immediately mow down a many trees as you can while spamming the target (select) button. The enemy uses trees as cover and without them, your team can easily pick them off from cover of your own trees. It's a long run out in the open without trees as cover! If you can get to the gun immediately, your golden. If not, it's hard to play catch-up.
2. Same for buildings and stuff. Blow up the walls on your side of buildings so you can see anyone up there hiding. I usually leave the other side up so your teammates can shoot from the cover of the windows.

I also wish B:BC2 had more things to unlock. That was what I liked best about MW2. if you got to the store you will see they will be soon selling camo for weapons and more things to unlock for each class.

12 C4 charges seems to do the trick on the MCOM stations. It takes 2 recon guys with the extra C4 to do it. My buds and I do it quite regularly.

I can't believe so many are in support of that. Can't wait for a patch to fix that...forcing people to actually plant. (I know it's such a foreign concept.)

Rockets don't bother me to much, but the noob toobs drive me fricken crazy. In some games, I don't even play. I just spawn and then see half a dozen noob toobs fly across my screen and then I'm dead.

I can't believe so many are in support of that. Can't wait for a patch to fix that...forcing people to actually plant. (I know it's such a foreign concept.)
I agree, Rush defense team have almost no chance of winning if the teams are even. I think it is just poor gameplay to sit a tank at your spawn (where the defending team can't even go) and shoot the building containing the MCOMs until they are destroyed. There is literally no defense for that. Some of the rush maps need to be redesigned as well, there needs to be more indestructible cover. There is a stage in Valparaso where the enemy team can destroy EVERYTHING (literally everything) with their APC, rockets, and stationary AT, leaving an open field for you to try to defend with no cover from snipers (who have plenty of cover). It's just terrible design.

Making it so you can only plant to destroy the MCOM would be a big step, but some of the maps need redesigned. I've stopped playing Rush for the mostpart, it's just not fun.

Rockets don't bother me to much, but the noob toobs drive me fricken crazy. In some games, I don't even play. I just spawn and then see half a dozen noob toobs fly across my screen and then I'm dead.
Actually the Carl Gustav is much more deadly than the noob tube, but people just don't realize it so it doesn't get used as much. I think that the Carl Gustav (and 40MM grenade as well) need to be looked at. It's a bit too effective and easy to use against infantry. I feel dirty when I use the 40MM, lol. :p

Why? It's intended if you read the description. You can take out tanks easily, the first building containing the M-Coms are also meant to be destroyed, stop them on their next try.

I think it takes 12 or so stationary AT shots to kill a MCOM station. I'll hop in an empty server tonight and test some of those things out. I'm also curious to see the results. Does the console version allow you to plant as much c4 as you want? I know on the PC version you can only plant 6 at a time. Once you plant your 7th the first one you planted disappears. The AT mines also do a ton of explosive damage. I'm not sure how many you can throw down at once but I'd guess having an engineer + an assault guy would take down a MCOM station faster than c4.

Thanks for checking that out. Unfortunately with the PS3 there are no empty servers. You get forced to join in a game with people so it's hard to test stuff.

I'm not sure about the only 6 charges of C4? I know if you play Assault and equip C4 you can keep refilling your own supply...but I never really stuck around long enough (or lived long enough) to see if they dissappera after 6. good idea on the AT mines though! You could throw a bunch down near the MCOM and then shoot them from a distance. Never thought of that. Could you see if that works too?

12 C4 charges seems to do the trick on the MCOM stations. It takes 2 recon guys with the extra C4 to do it. My buds and I do it quite regularly.

That's pretty cool. I've been in games though where I couldn't even get near an objective so having 2 people get through means the other team just sucks. (Or they are not even bothering checking the MCOM for defense and letting people Spawn inside.)

Considering I see it only happen about 10% of the time, I'm not sure if it's that big of a deal? It's a pretty big accomplishment to be the only good player on your team, able to sneak through a great defense, and secretly take down the MCOM all by yourself. If you set off the alarms, it couldnt happen.

Me either. And I'm not NEARLY as good at the game as you are.

It must be a PC thing... :shrug:

I'm only playing on the PS3. I've realized that there are certain times when really good players that use effective communication are on and when not to play...LOL. Anytime before 4pm central and after 1am central are just random people for the most part that I can usually dominate. But between 4pm and 1am, I sometimes get my arse handed to me by some really insanely good teenagers in clans. I rate myself only above average because I'm still getting used to a controller and I really miss my keyboard and mouse.
(Note: The good French players play between 4am and 6am usually.)

I agree, Rush defense team have almost no chance of winning if the teams are even. I think it is just poor gameplay to sit a tank at your spawn (where the defending team can't even go) and shoot the building containing the MCOMs until they are destroyed. There is literally no defense for that. Some of the rush maps need to be redesigned as well, there needs to be more indestructible cover. There is a stage in Valparaso where the enemy team can destroy EVERYTHING (literally everything) with their APC, rockets, and stationary AT, leaving an open field for you to try to defend with no cover from snipers (who have plenty of cover). It's just terrible design.

Making it so you can only plant to destroy the MCOM would be a big step, but some of the maps need redesigned. I've stopped playing Rush for the mostpart, it's just not fun.

I gotta try that Tank at the spawn thing! haha You probably need the Voptics W equiped I assume and maybe someone telling you to aim higher or lower watching the MCOM? In my post above for the defensive team I spoke about mowing all the trees down. So far, I haven't seen anyone do that to the defenders but that makes sense. If you can be seen, you can be killed or at least spotted and killed later.

Sometimes I get frusterated with Rush as well. I prefer Conquest. Some people just have a system down and are good at doing thier thing and if you are on a team of random people or new players, you'll just get your arse handed to you if you try and go for the objectives.

The thing that frustrates me with Conquest is it is hard to find a group that defends the points.

Nah... not many people coordinate to plant 12 charges.

And in the BETA, between 4-7 did the trick, don't remember the number exactly. I guess they change it because it was easy to put some charges in a quad bike, ride to the mcomm and blow everything up like a good terrorist.

BTW

Alan Kertz - Senior Designer Bad Company 2 said:
CPU is more important than gpu in BC2 Hey that rhymes!

Last edited:
Why? It's intended if you read the description. You can take out tanks easily, the first building containing the M-Coms are also meant to be destroyed, stop them on their next try.

Tanks can be repaired. M-coms cannot. With multiple blackhawks, it takes 2 crashes to destroy one within the first minute of the round.

It's funny, as soon as I mentioned that I rarely see people blow up MCOMs... Today that's what they've been doing all day long!! The only MCOMs that I was able to defend were the ones out in the open that didn't have a building to destroy around them and no helicopters to crash.

By the way, it took 5 shots of UAV to damage the MCOM +50. It took 2 to see the +30 damamge to MCOM. I think it would have taken 2-3 more shots to destroy it completely but they shot my UAV down finally. LOL

On that one map where the first 2 sites are on the island...the attacking team gets rapid blackhawk choppers.

It's going to be just like the beta...where all people did was use C4 for everything.

stupid question, does anyone know if c4 can be attached to teammates?

Back