• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED BCLK All over the place!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silver_Pharaoh

Likes the big ones n00b Member
What's going on here?!?!?!

105!.PNG

I have BCLK set to 103.1 Mhz in the BIOS to achieve an even 3.4Ghz, but I noticed this!

I saw it as low as 100.1Mhz and as high as 108122 Mhz! :shock: :shock:
This is LITERALLY a fresh install of Windows 7 x64 SP1.

I have not installed windows updates, (but it seems to have installed some by itself :mad: ) I am in the middle of installing my programs right now.

I noticed some instability while I was copying my files over, the rig locked up and a "fuzzy rainbow bar" appeared at the top of the screen.
So I upped my Vcore to 1.16 Volts. It was 1.14 before, and was Prime Blend stable for 1 hour.

Any suggestions??
YES I understand the risks of BCLK OCing, but for this chip, I want every last Mhz I can get.

Last edited:
Bugs in CPUz most likely. 122bclk is beyond the reach of even the most insane SB chips. World record was 111MHz last time I checked. 108 is where most "insane" chips top out.
Bugs in motherboard are also possible. Is the reading steady if you set bclk to 100?

Bugs in CPUz most likely. 122bclk is beyond the reach of even the most insane SB chips. World record was 111MHz last time I checked. 108 is where most "insane" chips top out.
Bugs in motherboard are also possible. Is the reading steady if you set bclk to 100?

Nope.
Lowest was 97.4 Mhz, high was 102.1 Mhz.

I'll DL a newer CPUz. Hopefully just some bug.:)

Yeah, a cpuz version made this year may be helpful.

Huh? When the heck did 1.61 get released then?
And why am I keeping old software on my disks then?? :bang head

Anywho, all was normal @ 100 Mhz and using the newest CPUz.
Just a glitch in the older version?

Oh, a question for you experts:

What are the signs of too high BLCK?
Inevitably I will OC the BCLK more if it can handle it simply because I do not plan to upgrade the CPU for the foreseeable future. -- It's more than enough power most of the time.

Failure to boot. Crashing. Sometimes it'll corrupt windows installs. High pcie clock has been known to kill SSDs, but that's >112MHz, you won't get there.
Pretty much the same as the signs of too much of any kind of overclocking.

Failure to boot. Crashing. Sometimes it'll corrupt windows installs. High pcie clock has been known to kill SSDs, but that's >112MHz, you won't get there.
Pretty much the same as the signs of too much of any kind of overclocking.

Kill SSD's? :shock:
Hrm. Wonder if it'll kill my Greens :shrug:

Thanks for that Bobnova, I'll keep an eye out for those.

I needed that :p

I guess it wouldn't matter anyway. I backup daily anyway.
Chuck a new drive in if it borkes it. :p

I think, and someone please correct me if I am wrong, It can literally kill an SSD, whereas a HDD it will bork the OS install.

I think, and someone please correct me if I am wrong, It can literally kill an SSD, whereas a HDD it will bork the OS install.

No clue, I just don't overclock my PCIe bus speed, therefore the issue is avoided.

Back