• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED BCLK All over the place!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Which is why I asked if the two runs were the same speed!

You said yes, but I'm assuming the real answer is no.

During.

The multi usually stays at full anyway. Unless It idle of course.

So, since you got the speed up as high as you can with the three cores and still lost performance, your theory of 1x multi more being better is pretty well trounced.

Honestly, leave the bclk at 100, crank the turbo multi, turn on all the cores, and leave it.

+1 i didnt know this.. but you can just set the multi on that chip to x35 multi full time, no turbo about it. i was thinking 3.1 for some reason..... blk = 100 multi = 35 that is 3.5ghz 24/7 no this core that core many core how core just 3.5ghz. forget turbo disable that ****, just turn multi up to 35.

no turbo
multi 35.
bam 3.5ghz full time

So, since you got the speed up as high as you can with the three cores and still lost performance, your theory of 1x multi more being better is pretty well trounced.

Honestly, leave the bclk at 100, crank the turbo multi, turn on all the cores, and leave it.

I hate to admit defeat (LOL) but you are absolutely right.
I have been known to be stubborn or "hell bent" on something until something happens that makes reality sink in.

The reality is: My rig just locked up. No BSOD or anything, just died.
I'm going to rethink this overclocking thing.

TBH, I didn't find any SandyBridge OCing guides for non K cpus and I overclocked the RAM without any sort of guide too.

Damn. A reckless n00b move that was. I'm quite embarrassed/upset with my self right now. :-/

Rats.

+1 i didnt know this.. but you can just set the multi on that chip to x35 multi full time, no turbo about it. i was thinking 3.1 for some reason..... blk = 100 multi = 35 that is 3.5ghz 24/7 no this core that core many core how core just 3.5ghz.

This you must explain to me. I can't set a x35 multi anywhere in the BIOS.

Cutting to off like that typically points to PSU, not unstable overclock.

nvm just turn the turbo multi's up as high as they will go leave blk at 100 call it good.

WPrime, run WPrime.
It's a real benchmark.
HWBot prime is.... shaky, at best.

Cutting to off like that typically points to PSU, not unstable overclock.
Well if it matters, the board was still on, and the monitor was giving out video, I was able to tell it froze because I heard buzzing from the headphones.
Same PSU used in the mobo that died, but I tested the rails and they had proper voltages....
nvm just turn the turbo multi's up as high as they will go leave blk at 100 call it good.

:salute: Will do.

Well if it matters, the board was still on, and the monitor was giving out video, I was able to tell it froze because I heard buzzing from the headphones.
Same PSU used in the mobo that died, but I tested the rails and they had proper voltages....

:salute: Will do.

Oh, I thought you meant it just cut off completely.
Yes, that's a typical overclock unstable sign.

Make sure to set the core count in wPrime.
I didn't even think about running it.

With 3 cores @ 103.5 Mhz BCLK

tri-core.PNG

Side note: Got that new laptop screen for the laptop I got with the "broken motherboard" :thup:

You're not listening, I'm out.

? What are you talking about?????

I only had 3 cores enabled in the BIOS for that test.
I can't run a benchmark with 4 threads when I only have 3 cores enabled!

HERE is the test with all 4 cores enabled:
quad.PNG

blk=100
all 4 cores enabled in the bios
max multi's

Back