• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BEFORE benching Quent's E6600 > 4.9GHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

before

SYSTEM
CPU: Quent's E6600 6B2
MoBo: Asus P5B-DLX WiFi - bios 804
RAM: Super Talent T800UX1GC4
HDD: Western Digital IDE 80Gb
Cooling: Cascade (R290+R170 refrigerants, 8082+7950Btu/h rotaries compressors, @ about -100°C)

Vcore=1.74V
Vmch=1.73V
Vddr=2.81V

Max suicide CPU-Z... The motherboard couldn't scale over this point.

E6600CPUZ@4948.png

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=137958

Max Spi 1M, 2M and 4M...

E6600SPI1M@10,297.png

E6600SPI2M@25,953.png

Always nice to see a Spi 4M < 1min :D

E6600SPI4M@59,922.png

Max PiFast...

E6600SPIFAST@19,59.png

Thx to my bro Quent for lending me this CPU.

I'm waiting for a Biostar TForce P965 Deluxe which may arrived very soon. Thx again Quent... :santa:

holy crap, nice work!

strange the p5b won't let you get over 5ghz. maybe some DI on the nb would do the trick?

damn!, that is some impressive o/c, i,ll stick to 2.5ghz lol, I wouldnt be able to reach 5ghz on air lol, are you using some sort of liquid nitrogen coolant?

thats one amazing over clock. i just wish i had the money for a phase change.

Thx guys! ;)

@hUMANbEATbOX: I don't know if an extra cooling solution on the NB would help. Actually, the PCB around the socket is pretty cold thx to the cascade. After turning the cascade off, I can see condensation over the NB heatsink & heatpipes. :)

@einstein2: I'm using a cascade to cool down the CPU (a phase change system with 2 different refrigerants).

@Gautam: As soon as possible bro! :D I'm gonna try for FSB a Biostar P965 TForce Deluxe later this week; then I'll have to test 5 6400 + 5 6600 for an online store, and may be a 6700 or a 6800 within 2 or 3 weeks (the boss of this store is offering me to give me 50L of LN2 but unfortunately I don't have a CPU container). BTW my friend Quent will send me a 6800 in about a month.. So as you already have understood, my near future is full of fun! :D

@Phrenetical: I can't do it with this P5B-DLX... I hope to be able to with a Biostar.

@Ad Rock: 2.81V isn't too much... :D Actually, it was useless there. I've increased the Vddr to play with the RAM frequency:

t800ux1gc4635mhzkg7.png

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=137083

Thank you so much!

Merci FeuerFrei!

I hardly need that Biostar of Quent's to arrive very soon now. The P5B has died yesterday.

p5bregulue7.png

Im more intrested in at what point it poped that fet.

Might be able to get the fet replaced if you can find a sutable one and an EET.

In fact, I was faulty... I've made a short circuit while measuring the Vcore and the system didn't like that. :(

BTW the Biostar might arrive today...

I've emailed the shop about RMA process and now waiting for an answer. BTW I'll travel to the city where the shop is located this week end... my parents are living there. :)

The Biostar was supposed to arrive today but as usual the French postal service is late -always on strike-... :clap: That really suxx! :mad:

Back