• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BEFORE benching Quent's E6600 > 4.9GHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've recieved that Biostar of Quents today. I'll not have the time to bench during the week end; so I've quickly turned it on to see how could it works.

A quick Vdimm mod...

2copieww3.png

And a glance at the bios... check the temp; it was fluctuating within -119°C to -122°C :X (note the hardcore stuff on the background)

3copiebb0.png

That's a very very kind proposal buddy! Thank you so much!

The shop told me to contact the manufacturer and the manufacturer to contact the shop for further testing :D I can understand the reseller point of view but not the one of Asus... and my last email to Asus RMA guy was a little bit rude but polite of course. :) I'll let you know.

I've tested the Biostar board under cascade and it required me to flash the bios for the one modded by The Stilt. The motherboard ran nicely and scaled up to 540FSB using 9*.

BTW I would like to try to achieve higher FSB numbers and for that reason I've modded the board.

NB Heatsink lapping...

5%20copie.png

... and Vcore mod :D

4copiewl6.png

6copieet8.png

I hope to have sweet results to share for tomorrow... :rolleyes:

could you give me some details on those volt mods for me or point me to where there's some listed for the biostar, just got a deal on one, so I'm gonna put it through it's paces :D

edit: btw those temps are a little warm,:eek: only -120:drool:

Check this thread buddy ;) Vdimm mod is in pages 2 & 7, and Vcore mod in page 9. You can also look at my pictures. If you still have questions, please feel free to ask me... :)

Here's the highest benchable FSB I can reach with this Biostar... I've tried 3 Bioses from the beginning: the crappy original one (unbootable with strap 1333), The Stilt's modded one and the 0914 which is in fact, not officially supposed to be used with TForce P965 Deluxe but with TForce 965PT... obviously the Deluxe and PT models are exactly the same. The Deluxe has been renamed PT for some reasons.

Voltages as monitored by the bios:
Vcore = 1.80V (useless :D)
Vmch = 1.82V (1.7V gave same FSB wall)
Vdimm = 2.83V
Vfsb = 1.50V

e6600spi1m10390xk1.png

Back