• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Beginners: How to set your 25/6/700K to 4.5Ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Worked perfect. Thanks! got my 25K running at 4.5 and maxing at 60 in prime95. I am pleased!

I've set LLC to 50% as you said.. Would it be better if I raise it? I'd like to save as much power as I can :).

Thanks

Worked perfect. Thanks! got my 25K running at 4.5 and maxing at 60 in prime95. I am pleased!

Just saw your post.. I'm wondering.. what are your temps in the first few minutes of Prime95? And what is your Vcore set at?

I get temps at about 57 in the first few minutes of Prime95 100% CPU load (not sure about after that, I haven't stressed test yet). My Vcore is manually set to 1.315v (I got a x101 BSOD crash code when it was at 1.310v).

Thanks!

Thanks for the guide. I have a question. Do I need to disable turbo boost to overclock?

In fact, you need to ENABLE turbo boost in order to overclock - otherwise your frequency will hold at your processor's stock speed.

I have another question. I followed every step from the guide, I set the cpu voltage to 1.35 but CPU-Z shows my cpu voltage 1.368, or sometimes 1,38 and I realized that in the BIOS, the original cpu core shows 1.368. What's going on? What am I doing wrong? please help.

Last edited:
I'm not an expert.. but CPU-Z (an other voltage-reading software) read a different (and a more accurate) voltage. For me, it's usually less than the
value set in the BIOS (for ex. I
set mine to 1.315 in the BIOS
and CPU-Z reads 1.296.
Hope theres nothing wrong in your case, as long as you completely followed the guide :)

Turbo boost wise it depends on the board. Gigabyte, asrock and biostar boards don't need turbo for OCing.
Go with the voltage in CPUz if you don't feel like using/making read points for a multimeter.

The problem was that the original cpu voltage showed 1.36 when I overclocked and the the original voltage of my cpu was 1.26. That's why cpu-z showed that voltage because the original one changed when I overclocked.

I did this yesterday but had a problem with the step below. I did a 3 hour Prime test and afterwards My first core was stuck at 100% so I'm gonna have to try again. Im also using a 2700k

Go to CPU features turn off C5 C1 and EIST / Speedstep

I found Speedstep but where is C5 C1 on a ASUS P8Z77 board?

Also this TUT is good, but coming from knowing nothing about Overclocking I had a hard time finding the settings in my bios.

Followed Everything in the Guide, However when i try to run the Prime95 it gives me this Error.

[Fri Aug 10 00:16:29 2012]
FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.

You may have that one in a million (well probably less) CPU that needs more vcore for that speed. Or it's overheating.
If the temps are good under load (<85c or so), raise vcore a bit or drop the multiplier one notch.

Temps is around 60-62 Full Load , However i have googled abit and some says its the Ram?, However if i Up the Voltage abit more dosn't it get to high for stable machine? always trough 1.32 is like max or something or is stable just when it run smoothly in prime 95 and you can have voltage at 1.4? but the cpu have a shorter life.?

Also i saw in the CPU-Z my Voltage also was 1.35 at idle , isnt it supposed to be lower at iddle than at full load?

The power saving options will drop the CPU speed at idle, if they're turned off it'll run the full vcore at all times.

If you're concerned about voltages, drop the multi by one. If it's an unhappy CPU that should fix it right up.

Changed Multiplier to 44 and set Voltage to 1.32 and it ran trough a whole Intel burn Test 5 Times Maximum , Max Temp was 77 C and Average was 70, Seems like a Stable System to me now?

Last edited:
Changed Multiplier to 44 and set Voltage to 1.32 and it ran trough a whole Intel burn Test 5 Times Maximum , Max Temp was 77 C and Average was 70, Seems like a Stable System to me now?

Run Prime95 on blend for a good 3 hours. If it's still stable, and temps remain good (What CPU/Cooler by the way?), then I'd say it's stable enough. Then just use it as you normally would. If you start to error/BSOD, you know it's not ;)

Run Prime95 on blend for a good 3 hours. If it's still stable, and temps remain good (What CPU/Cooler by the way?), then I'd say it's stable enough. Then just use it as you normally would. If you start to error/BSOD, you know it's not ;)

So i had some time today to run prime95 for around 2 hours and the end result is 0 errors on all cores and max temp was 71 on Core 2 , Average all cores was around 64-65, CPU is i5 3570k and Cooler is Nuctua NH DH14

2 Hour Prime95 Passed 0 Errors max Temp 71
Intel Burn Test Passed max Temp 78 (5 Rounds)

End Result 4350Mhz (Freq 99.0 and Multiplier 44, Voltage 1.33)

Should be pretty Stable now Yeah for 24/7?

Oh Btw it should not Affect anything if i brought a new GPU on the Stability?

Gpu shouldnt no. But change your blck to 100 flat. To give you 4.4 flat. Though be aware such a tiny change could cause instability. Though I believe it's generally better to keep ivy and sandys blck at 100 flat. Not 99, not 101. Etc.

Back