• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Beginners: How to set your 25/6/700K to 4.5Ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I increased the llc from 50% to 75% and now its at 1.344V and sometimes at 1.352V, is that fine or do i need to hit excalty 1.35V? Im always above or under. He said around 1.35V in the guide, so i should be fine?

NBhK1YZ.png

Yep.. 1.4 to 1.45V is max 24/7 for those cpus. Each cpu is different as far as what voltage is needed. 1.35v is a starting point. The goal in any overclock is to use the least amount of voltage for a given clockspeed and be stable.

Not entirely sure what you are getting at....

Different silicon and process... Sandbridge has no idea what FinFET is. IIRC, the white papers for the 7700K show 1.52V as 'max'(?). Silicon lottery doesn't deem anything "safe", do they?

It used to be the smaller the process the less voltage it took and less voltage needed... but, for some reason beyond what I know, its different? Or perhaps we are comparing two different things too.

Where is Dolk when we need him? :)

Silicon lottery recommends running there i7 7700k 5.2GHz at 1.45v for stability in vast majority of use cases.

OK... and...? I am still not understanding your point, particularly in light of the explanation about different process and FinFet, etc....

Silicon lottery doesn't reccomend anything. What they are selling is the result of binning. It is not a reccomendation, but a REQUIREMENT for that specific threshold/set of CPUs. They don't go over 1.45V and tend to leave a bit of meat on the bone.

OK... and...? I am still not understanding your point, particularly in light of the explanation about different process and FinFet, etc....

Silicon lottery doesn't reccomend anything. What they are selling is the result of binning. It is not a reccomendation, but a REQUIREMENT for that specific threshold/set of CPUs. They don't go over 1.45V and tend to leave a bit of meat on the bone.

It's guarantee not a REQUIREMENT.
This CPU is guaranteed stable when using the settings below and matching components from our QVL. We go through a rigorous stress test routine to ensure stability for the vast majority of use cases.

1.45V Vcore
-2 AVX Offset

My point is from sandy bridge to kaby lake the max voltage is 1.45v eventhough there has been a lot of process changes.

thanks man,
still trying to stabilize my 2600k overclock,it's rock stable in stress testing but when playing some games they simply crash.
still trying to figure it out,temps are good and everything is good.
weird problem,maybe i should ditch the whole setup and get a 9th gen or 8th gen CPU,
or wait for Ryzen 2.

thanks man,
still trying to stabilize my 2600k overclock,it's rock stable in stress testing but when playing some games they simply crash.
still trying to figure it out,temps are good and everything is good.
weird problem,maybe i should ditch the whole setup and get a 9th gen or 8th gen CPU,
or wait for Ryzen 2.

If you want some help to get to the bottom of your issue you should start a separate thread here in the Forum.

If you want some help to get to the bottom of your issue you should start a separate thread here in the Forum.
Thank You Jonah,
i have a 2600k with an Asrock Z68 Extreme4. and 16 Gb of ram 1600mhz.
the thing is i have my CPU @4.4 Ghz with 1.33 fixed Voltage.runs good i still need to do more stressing sessions,but it passed a 2 hrs long Aida64 stress test.
run games no problem everything is fine temps are okay as well,i know i can achieve this OC with less Voltage but it seems that my chips isn't that good,anyway,
when i set the Ram speed to 1600Mhz games crash after 5 mins or so,so i never achieved a good OC without the need to lower the ram speed to 1333 mhz.
idk whats the problem.
thanks you :)

Back