• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Benching XP won't install?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm hoping to go cold Saturday during the day, maybe friday night, maybe saturday night, but sometime this weekend at least!

I don't remember offhand what it is I'm so desperate to bench, but I'm not going to let that stop me.

I think tonight I'll prep a 4850 for Cold, that'd be fun.

Then if it lives I can make it my daily card and prep my gtx580 for use with TJ's chip.... See if I can't hit some major globals and the top100 on HWBot.

I'm hoping to go cold Saturday during the day, maybe friday night, maybe saturday night, but sometime this weekend at least!

I don't remember offhand what it is I'm so desperate to bench, but I'm not going to let that stop me.

I think tonight I'll prep a 4850 for Cold, that'd be fun.

Then if it lives I can make it my daily card and prep my gtx580 for use with TJ's chip.... See if I can't hit some major globals and the top100 on HWBot.

Let me know, I dont have to head to work till 1pm on saturday, and its not more than a mile or two away from your work. I'll come shovel/load for yah.

If end up doing a cold run i will post about it ahead of time in the livestream thread. Not last minute like last time. I should know a day in advance.

Sounds good, to both of you. I'll be out of town so I'll be benching my laptop. Trying to beat this dude to get number one in 3d01 with my 9600M GT inside my Macbook. It's worth about 7 points... so why the hell not? :D

Anyway, I'll be there to supply some info if I can. At least I'll be there to watch.

Oh and by the way, I did manage to get an OS to transfer from my P5Q to my P5Q PRO today while cold. Not like it helped much, it was a total failure. :(

Cool, I usually stop into the forum a couple times a day/night so I don't need much notice.

If my Neoprene gets in I will definitely try to go cold, although finding DICE here in Columbus doesn't seem to easy. The only ice cream shop I am aware of that sells it is stupid expensive, and there are some specialty sellers but who knows if they are open on the weekends (need to call). I brought back my old webcam from my parents house, hope it still works (found it in the basement), so I would absolutely love to put up a livestream, but I don't want to split time as I am sure I will need some help getting started. I haven't benched/OCed 775 for a couple years now.

If my Neoprene gets in I will definitely try to go cold, although finding DICE here in Columbus doesn't seem to easy. The only ice cream shop I am aware of that sells it is stupid expensive, and there are some specialty sellers but who knows if they are open on the weekends (need to call). I brought back my old webcam from my parents house, hope it still works (found it in the basement), so I would absolutely love to put up a livestream, but I don't want to split time as I am sure I will need some help getting started. I haven't benched/OCed 775 for a couple years now.

If the camera works; set up a livestream anyway... We can watch and help you out if you need.

And on benching/ocing 775.... This is probably the best advice I got on 775... It came from MattNo5ss...

Raise VCore + Raise NB Volts + Raise FSB + Bench = Boints

If you have Meijer in your state, they usually carry dry ice. It's anywhere from 1.49-1.79 a pound.

We do have Meijer's here in C-bus, I'll give a couple a call and see if they have it. Thanks.

lol, I love the steps for 775s. We'll see how it goes. I think I will put it under air with a cooler that I got in the mail with one of the mobos to see what the chip can do before I start going crazy (and I suppose it wouldn't hurt to get my OS installed as well).

I've also been trying to remember to take pictures while I am doing things so I can have a build log, we'll see how that goes as well.

775 = boints :D

Yeah man, Meijer should have it. I was surprised when I first called when I was starting out and they said yes. They may not ALWAYS have it, but most stores do carry dry ice. Hope you find some man. :thup:

We do have Meijer's here in C-bus, I'll give a couple a call and see if they have it. Thanks.

lol, I love the steps for 775s. We'll see how it goes. I think I will put it under air with a cooler that I got in the mail with one of the mobos to see what the chip can do before I start going crazy (and I suppose it wouldn't hurt to get my OS installed as well).

I've also been trying to remember to take pictures while I am doing things so I can have a build log, we'll see how that goes as well.
What part of Cbus are you in again?

Last I checked the Meijer on Broad St in Reynsoldsburg(Dirtyburg :burn:) area had it...but that was months ago.

I'm in northwest columbus (upper arlington). I'm on the phone with them right now.

edit: off the phone, apparently they do not. going to try capital city ice

Do you guys have Harris Teeter or Kroger up there? Both of them carry DICE around here.

Perhaps a party supply store? Could be seasonal though (i.e. halloween).

try looking up industrial ice supply, theres still alot of places that do nothing but ice supply and will usually supply dry ice for medical transport or consumer use.

wal-mart carries dice.

A better idea is to visit places to see if they have it. Most of the time the people on the phone dont know what the hell dry ice is.

http://www.graeters.com/menu_col.aspx

Well apparently the ice cream place around here isn't as expensive as I was lead to believe ($1.75/lb) and they are about 5 minutes from my house -- I'll see how much they keep in stock [just got off the phone, on average about 100lbs]. I figure 10lbs is good for a day's worth of benching?

For a side note, I called Kroger, Meijer, Wal-Mart and it doesn't look like any of them sell it here. The closest Penguin Dry Ice retailer is in Lexington Kentucky hundreds of miles away.

Last edited:
Do you guys have Harris Teeter or Kroger up there? Both of them carry DICE around here.

Perhaps a party supply store? Could be seasonal though (i.e. halloween).

I've got Kroger around here and not a single Kroger around me carries DICE. :(

http://www.graeters.com/menu_col.aspx

Well apparently the ice cream place around here isn't as expensive as I was lead to believe ($1.75/lb) I'll see how much they keep in stock. I figure 10lbs is good for a day's worth of benching?

10 pounds is plenty for a nice day of benching. In fact that'd last you a while. I usually grab 8 pounds (they sell it in 8 pound bags around here) and it lasts me for a solid 4-5 hours, least on my 65W C2D it did. On my AMD quad cores it lasts considerably less.

Back