• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Benching XP won't install?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
A quick google search yielded these locations where you may want to try..

GRAETERS ICE CREAM
Columbus, OH 43085
(614) 442-7622

PAIN ENTERPRISES
4110 Lockbourne RD, Columbus, OH 43207
(614) 497-0223

KNIGHTS ICE CREAM
596 S Cleveland Ave, Westerville, OH 43081
6.0MI from Columbus
(614) 890-2353

Praxair Distribution, Inc.
876 S. Front Street
Columbus, OH 43206
Tel.: 614-443-7687

+1 to Kow's comment about people that answer the phone not knowing what Dry Ice is.... I had one guy at the local supermarket send me to the medicine isle when I asked about Dry Ice... When I came back to him he said "but ain't the Dry Ice right there with all the other hot/cold creams for pain relief?"

Seven pounds lasted me a little over three hours working hard on a couple Thubans.

Thats actually really cheap, I had never thought to check into priceing at all, I just assumed it would be expensive.. I have a praxair retail store 2 blocks from me..

So after the initial cost of a pot, insulation, and misc stuff, its really not so bad, just like any other hobby I suppose. Hm.

Sorry just thinking out loud :D

/ramble

Dunno exactly where you guys are, but i get my dice at Continental Carbonics. They are the cheapest around that i have ever found; $0.45/lb for chunks.:thup: (and if you get chunks, they might give you a few extra lbs than what you order, at least that has happened for me). Here are all of their locations: http://www.continentalcarbonic.com/locations/index.php

You know, i've got one of these real close to me. That means I could get 5 pounds for less than 5 bucks! Awesome! I had no idea they were that cheap.

You know, i've got one of these real close to me. That means I could get 5 pounds for less than 5 bucks! Awesome! I had no idea they were that cheap.

Ya, i was surprised at how cheap they were too when i first went. For that benching party me, Chance, and Deux had, besides the 30L of ln2 Deux brought, i also got 40lbs of dice (chunks) for us. It cost around $19 or $20 after tax; and when i weighed it when i got home, it was actually 44lbs.:thup:

Ya, i was surprised at how cheap they were too when i first went. For that benching party me, Chance, and Deux had, besides the 30L of ln2 Deux brought, i also got 40lbs of dice (chunks) for us. It cost around $19 or $20 after tax; and when i weighed it when i got home, it was actually 44lbs.:thup:

You need to let me know the next time you and Chance have a little benching party. Indiana isn't very far from Illinois... :thup:

Just something that nobody else has mentioned..

Always buy 1-2lb more dice than you think you'll need. If you get a good session going you dont want it to end too fast due to the dice running out. It'll also be enough extra where you can bench in the morning if you have a craptastic night right off the bat.

Well, here I am in the middle of a dry ice session and my XP bugs out on me. I was in the process of raising the FSB up till it wouldn't boot anymore. After 510 FSB I can no longer boot into Windows.

Is it possible to bork an OS raising the FSB? Maybe I'm cold bugging?

Needless to say I am pissed because I am having to install Vista while under DICE :(

Small bump to this thread. I'm having a similar yet different issue; this time on my P8P67-PRO.

I'm trying to install XP (In IDE mode of course) with my same USB CD/DVD reader/burner drive AND my IDE USB CD/DVD reader only. As soon as Windows XP loads up, after it loads all of the setup files and says "Setup is starting Windows..." I keep getting a BSOD. I don't know what this is. This happens on my full install only... I need a full install because my stripped installs are missing a driver to let me use a CD drive from within the OS.

I've tried installing Vista, but it keeps saying it's missing a driver and I can't choose a drive to install to because of it.

I had no problems at all on my p8p67, don't use the marvell controller. use the sata ports marked light blue and it should work fine, atleast for most xp installs, Standard sp2, sp3, and miahs install, aswell as my super stripped one. However tinyxp didn't seem to like it at all.

I had no problems at all on my p8p67, don't use the marvell controller. use the sata ports marked light blue and it should work fine, atleast for most xp installs, Standard sp2, sp3, and miahs install, aswell as my super stripped one. However tinyxp didn't seem to like it at all.

I've tried my XP, BZ's XP, and even a full install of XP SP3. All of my installs are SP3...

It was even on the SATA 3Gb/s port (light blue)

never had an issue with any of those on my M4E. i just install using factory bios defaults and everything works. never enter bios until after i install the os, has always worked for me.

never had an issue with any of those on my M4E. i just install using factory bios defaults and everything works. never enter bios until after i install the os, has always worked for me.

Ever since I scored this board, I've had troubles. Especially getting OS's to install, mainly XP. It was always set to AHCI so I could never find my drives. I figured out to set it to IDE (Yes, I am an idiot :p). It just crashes now though. No, the chip is NOT overclocked.

It does the same thing in Vista and in 7 :shrug:

Back