• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bent Pins in LGA1155 Socket?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It looks pretty good and I've seen worse fixes work :thup: just take your time and bend only once if you can.

DSC03209_zps247a410a.jpg

2nd row from the bottom, 2 and 3 from the right edge of picture, and also one just above that in the 3rd row from the bottom... I would leave them as is until you test if it works, but if it doesn't, I'd look at bending those a bit more into place to make sure they are hitting the right pads.

The twist shouldn't be a problem if he can get the head to make contact at the right point anyway - thats kind of what bobnova was saying, bend it/move the whole pin over so it would still hit the pin at the right location.

Contact is contact... that wont cause more resistance or anything (measureably anyway) with the twist in it. So long as the pin is touching the pad on the CPU it should be all good. :)

Seeing these really makes me miss Dejo's magnifying glass his wife had for her work... boy did we need that thing too, LOL!

It works! I moved the AY14 pin a little bit to compensate for the twist. I dropped my sandybridge PDC G645 (I'd rather fry the $50 PDC than the $120 i3), and it booted!

Thanks all for the help!

Back