• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Disk Defrag Software - 2007

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Which disk defragmentation tool do you prefer?

• Windows Built-in

Votes: 46 15.8%
  • Raxco

Votes: 28 9.6%
  • Ashampoo

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • O&O

Votes: 54 18.5%
  • DisKeeper

Votes: 95 32.5%
  • DiskTrix

Votes: 6 2.1%
  • Other (Please list)

Votes: 40 13.7%
  • I use Linux, baby!

Votes: 21 7.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using Diskeeper 2007 Pro Premier and i'm loving it.. i like the auto-defragment option, it's so well designed it only run when your system is idle.. although some guys says that auto-defragment option can help kill a hdd ;/

I'm currently using O&O which i've found to be great however i'm with the guy that would like to set his own priority for stuff...

I use my beast for 2 things.. 1. Playing Battlefield 2 2. Checking my stats on Bf2tracker.com :D

I have other things installed that really don't need to be optimized like crappy-strike: source and flash, photoshop, etc...
I don't care how long it takes to actually defrag.. I want quick boot and I want BF2 and the swap file to get priority so that when i'm loading the games.. it goes the fastest.

With O&O it seems the "modified" selection works the best placing the least messed files at the outer rim of the hdd.. which makes my windows boot real fast but BF2 i've patched and added etc a few times making it recently modified and now it's not getting a lot of priority.

from the reviews seems ultimatedefrag would do this? I'll try it tonight.

Ive used both pro, standard and enterprise version of the last 3 revisions (8, 9 and 10) of diskeep and I love it to death, works effectively and quickly even on badly fragmented drives I wish all of my customers would use it.

Wow! So glad someone mentioned disktrix ultimate defrag.. i downloaded it and took some time and actually read the manual.
I just want my BF2 game load times decreased and I want windows fast... thats really my requirements. Ultimate defrag lets you choose which files you wanted loaded to the outside of the platter.. it's incredible. I could care less how long it takes to actually defrag the drive I just want great performance but alas once i restructured the entire file system It is now quite fast enough.

If you let it just do the default defrag it takes the same time as my O&O did.. but O&O never let me specify exact folder and file priority. I like it so much i spent the 30 bucks on it and bought it :D

A- rating because it's got a bunch of options and isn't the most intuitive.. but once it's configured the way you want it.. it's GREAT!

Disktrix does seem nice... advanced options allows selection of specific files/folders for "high performance" mode and those files are moved to first blocks of outer tracks. May be worth the $39.99...

actually after i dl'd the trial version of it.. the next day they sent me an offer of 29.99 for the whole program.. i did it.

I voted for Diskeeper. Currently with the 2007 Professional version, and I like the way it works. Don't plan to change to anything else because diskeeper seems to do a fine job.

kiltz said:
O&O wins because of the various defrag methods it has
QFT. "space" defragmentation for storage drives, "complete/access" for my system drives. works like a charm, and it's quite fast, especially if you've got at least 15-20% free space

I have been using Jkdefrag and love it, but I think (based off reviews in this thread) that I am going to give O&O a try.

looks around...

[size=-3]i voted for windows built-in[/size]

:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back