• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Better OC for my OCZ Platinum RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks. I think about new cooler ..

Today i switch my old motherboard to ASUS M5A97 PRO.
First of all - no problems with 1333MHz(1.8V) and 3.6GHz(1.4V) CPU.
RAM is much cooler !

On old motherboard all banks are heavily scorched, now I can safely put my fingers on it (average warm). That's ok for start.

I try use my CPU at 3.8GHz and 1600MHz ram

Last edited:
I'm glad you are making progress. I have doubts as to whether you can get that 1333 ram to run at 1600. That's a good motherboard. Make sure when all is said and done you can pass a minimum of two hours of Prime95 blend so as to be sure your settings are stable.

I was wonder why this ram work by default at 1066 ?

Trents thanks for all.
I stick close to you, i think that is only a begining of my OC jurney
;-)

Thanks very much.

I was wonder why this ram work by default at 1066 ?

It defaults to 1066 because that is the normal speed the ram was designed to run on. 1066 is the default speed for that ram. 1333 is the XMP or the "Xtreme Mode Profile" and it will not run at that speed unless you manually configure it to do so in bios and even then maybe not. There were plenty of people back when that ram came out who complained they could not get OCZ ram to run at the advertised XMP speed. It did not live up to its billing in too many cases. Save yourself a lot of frustration and just run it at 1066 until you can afford to buy better ram.

Trents thanks for all.
I stick close to you, i think that is only a begining of my OC jurney
;-)

Thanks very much.

Back