• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BEWARE nvidia fermi cards are stuttering / hitching despite good fps!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i already stated it does the same thing in single gpu mode. the stuttering is still there. the 30+ frame rate area is not smooth like it should be. ATI's 30 fps area is smooth, as showin in the video.

Bro, ONE PHYSICAL CARD IN THE SYSTEM and it will not do that. Just disabling it, as you are telling us, isnt cuttingit.

i already stated it does the same thing in single gpu mode. the stuttering is still there. the 30+ frame rate area is not smooth like it should be. ATI's 30 fps area is smooth, as showin in the video.

The stuttering is still there because your trying to have a single 460 run Crysis on Very High at whatever high end resolution. Read the article, it describes everything you've mentioned, from the seemingly "good" framerates feeling slow and sluggish, to the fact that above your monitors refresh rate, the stuttering stops.

Look my friend, multi-gpu setups can be awesome, but they're not for you. But a high end single gpu and your problems will go away.

Bro, ONE PHYSICAL CARD IN THE SYSTEM and it will not do that. Just disabling it, as you are telling us, isnt cuttingit.

i already tried that, only having one physical gpu in system. still hitches and stutters in these 3 games. crysis, darkfall, bfbc2. frame rates must be 60 or higher to match my monitor's refresh rate and have to enable vsync to completely eliminate the stutters and hitches. the 30-55 fps region is plauged with stutters with nvidia cards. this is what i am trying to show you people!

i already tried that, only having one physical gpu in system. still hitches and stutters in these 3 games. crysis, darkfall, bfbc2. frame rates must be 60 or higher to match my monitor's refresh rate and have to enable vsync to completely eliminate the stutters and hitches. the 30-55 fps region is plauged with stutters with nvidia cards. this is what i am trying to show you people!

Ask yourself whats more likely.

A- You've received 2 pairs of faulty GPU's over the past couple of years, and expirienced issues nobody else has ever reported (as far as I know) with high end, well received and well reviewed hardware.

B- You are very sensitive to a well known and well documented issue that is prevalent with Multi Graphics Card setups.

Out of curiosity however, what settings did you use when you ran the single GPU?

iframe rates must be 60 or higher to match my monitor's refresh rate and have to enable vsync to completely eliminate the stutters and hitches.

I'm gonna suggest you run those games at settings where you get 60+ FPS, then turn on vsync. That might get rid of the stutter issue.

hmm not once did the OP mention the monitors he is using. Monitors can make a big diff and actually perform differently on different video cards as well. Sometimes you have to uninstall the monitor drivers before installing vid card drivers then install the monitor drivers for things to work right. It seems to me your eyes are very sensitive and i think these stutters you are seeing are a combination of input lag for your monitors for a triple monitor setup.

Test a single nvidia card, SLi and the single ati card with ONE monitor at its native res. Dont go over board with settings, put them all at medium for every card run. I bet you they will all look fine with no stuttering. The triple monitor thing is more than likely your issue which means it is a driver issue. So you can either wait for a driver to be released that improves triple monitor support, or you can sell your cards and keep that ATi card which has more mature triple monitor support.

You have turned this thread from a complaint trying to solve the issue into an nvidia bashing session. You have taken none of the advice here and all you do is complain. It sounds to me like you are an ATi fanboy who wants anyone here to just tell him to ditch nvidia and use ATi. Nothing other than that will make you happy. I suggest a moderator close this thread since the OP doesnt wish to take anyone's advice.

i am uploading a single gpu run of the 460 gtx (NO SLI) in 1440x900 native resolution with NO AA. it was achieving a good 40 frame rate while strafing left to right looking at some vegetation and the stutter is there for all you to see.

i was well below the frame buffer limit at these settings. since there is no direct comparison with the ati card, view the previous video (from 0-58 seconds) and you will see that the ati card was giving much smoother gameplay.

be ready in about 30 mins.

I wonder if he put me on ignore...I apologize to others for sounding like a broken record.

If its still happening with one physical card, and a PROPER driver reinstall (unsintall in safe mode, use driver cleaner pro, reboot, reinstall) its something in his system.

No other user I have seen has had this problem with a single card. I can run crysis full tilt with 4xAA all night long and not experience what you are.

I wonder if he put me on ignore...I apologize to others for sounding like a broken record.

If its still happening with one physical card, and a PROPER driver reinstall (unsintall in safe mode, use driver cleaner pro, reboot, reinstall) its something in his system.

No other user I have seen has had this problem with a single card. I can run crysis full tilt with 4xAA all night long and not experience what you are.

because you are most likely playing with very good frame rates with your gtx 470. pick a spot and graphical settings (do not go over your frame buffer) that puts you in 30-40 fps. simply strafe left to right only, watch the stutter.

yes, does the same thing in darkfall and battlefield bad company 2. i stopped testing my games there. i can put in counter strike and source games and i am sure it will exhibit the same problem.

I noticed this on playing Bad Company 2. I thought it was just a server lag or my connection lag. I can't tell if it's the video card. But the weird was when I ran Futuremark it didn't stutter.

It almost sounds to me like you are trying to induce the problem vs just letting the card run where it likes to. Some things in life (cars, helicopters, turbine engines, computers as well) like to run at certin settings. If you try and hold them back too much or push them too hard they run like crap.

It could be that the very act of forcing the GPU to run at 30-40 fps vs letting it run at 55+ creates the issue. Also refer to DragoTX's post, it could be a monitor issue.

since my products are evga, evga decides they don't want to allow people to have a discussion about this matter. oh, and i did not start another thread there. i only started just one. so quit spreading bs, bud. thanks.

Dude, no need to attack the person. But it is odd that the thread title and main body of the first post are exactly the same. Same system and everything. :shrug:

well yeah, this is a serious problem and i think it's important to spreda the word!
I can guarantee that by being rude, people won't listen. We are a community of overclockers that have respect for one another, please show the same amount of respect for us as we do you. Jumping in and attacking someone is a quick way to get no-where, here.

well yeah, this is a serious problem and i think it's important to spreda the word!

crysis breaks my system too. thats what it was designed to do. get off the very high settings and go rub one out, you'll feel better.

Back