• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Biostar TA890FXE cheap and awesome!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What would there be to ebay? Everything is being reused the only thing that would get tossed is a couple tubes that came from the stock pile and maybe the radiator if I buy a new one.

I'm guessing here, but I think he went with the thinner wall in order to get clearance in the pump section where it is so tight?????

The excess of the 100' role on tubing is what I was meaning for ebay.

Gonna be making a new thread about the H50 modding soonish to take some of the clutter from this area.

Last edited:
Ordered all the parts for the nice price of $65.67 shipping and handling included. I'll do pictures and results in a new thread after parts arrive.

Ordered all the parts for the nice price of $65.67 shipping and handling included. I'll do pictures and results in a new thread after parts arrive.

Keep the TA890FXE thread updated with a link! :D

will do my good man! I'm enjoying the dice thread btw

Good, I was really hoping for better results! One of two things is happening, either I suck, or my 1090t is a voltage pig!

Actually, near the end of my benching today was noticing that my sub temps were not as good as my 965 temps from the day before...i might have had a bad mount with the pot. Thats the thing about being this cold..a bad mount is still -65c, lol. Another day, another dollar!

I'm reading that you are looking for water, the ECO ALC has treated me well...it's good for up to 1.435v for sure.after that, get real water. :D

I'm at 1.464 volts on air and @ 4ghz I spike at first to 52C then it drops to around 50C. I'm thinking a full water setup some time down the road, I'm wanting to see if I can make 4.2ghz on water.

Well from what I'm reading these H50 mods have the potential to keep temperature in the 35-40C range on an OC 955BE. That's just a modded H50 so a REAL water cooling set up I'm sure has way more potential.

Hi guys, I have this board with a Athlon II x3 445. I just spent a few hours reading through the entire thread and have a few questions about overclocking if this thread is still alive.

I believe I have a stable overclock at 230Mhz fsb (1hr OCCT 1hr Prime95) with no voltage increase, HT Link set at 1800 so its running 2070. At 235Mhz fsb OCCT has an error after 30min of running and increasing core voltage didn't help. At 240Mhz OCCT hits an error after 12min with HT Link set to 1600. Core temps don't seem to be an issue as the max I hit is 36C.

I would like to have it stable with 240 FSB.

I've also seen some strange temps in HWMonitor, my cpu temp is always several degrees higher then my core temps and its showing my mainboard temp around 60C maxing at 71C

Update: I was able to run OCCT for an hour without errors at 235Mhz fsb (my multiplier has always been 15.5) by increasing voltage in Over Volt Config, CPU Vcore +0.1 = 1.428, CPU NB +0.05 = 1.175 and lowering the HT Link Speed to 1.6Ghz = 1880Mhz. Core load temps around 34C.

I would like some advise to get too 240Mhz fsb.

Another strange thing I've noticed is when its idling the CPU multiplier drops to 4, the core voltage drops to 0.97 but when it comes back under load the core voltage only goes back up too 1.32 (stock) and not the 1.42 that I've set in the bios

Last edited:
:welcome: to OCF!

Have you dropped your RAM speed down to 667 MHz (DDR 1333), which should yield ~783 MHz? You might even want to drop it farther to 533 (~626) just to make sure it's not interfering with the CPU/cpuNB OC ... ;)

Yes, I did drop it to DDR 1333 = 783Mhz at fsb 235. I'll try 533 next, but the reason I want fsb 240 is so my memory will run at it's rated DDR 1600.

Another question I have about this mobo, is there a way to disable the L3 cache?
Or unlock the 4th core and not L3 cache?
The reason I want to do this is when I unlock the 4th core the L3 unlocks too and I can't boot to windows. I can disable the 4th core with the L3 cache enabled but it still won't boot.

Last edited:
The question on the RAM may be whether you'd rather have
3643/2350/1566 (CPU, cpuNB, RAM) or
3720/2400/1279.

I'm pretty sure of which of those sets of numbers will perform better. ;)

I don't know of any way to NOT enable the L3 when you unlock. Maybe one of the other guys here that know that BIOS better can give you a different answer ...

sorry which set will perform better?
CPU speed will almost always trump anything else and with the increased cpuNB speed added in it's certain that the higher CPU and cpuNB speed will more than make up for the slower RAM. The only test that might come out lower would be a RAM specific benchmark - and even then it would be a toss-up without actually running the test because cpuNB speed helps RAM performance ...

Back