• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blake's Project: The Way a Cooler Master Cavalier 3 Should Be!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
goodgod said:
Now that this thread is back to life, thanks to my friend gig-o-ram, I would like to know how you used your uv paint (and what brand), because I have some clearneon uv orange paint, and it doesn't do anything. I've put like 3 layers of it on my 120mm fan, and it does tons of bubbles and some parts are glowing in like a yellow-green color.

I actually found gvblake22's mod thread when I was looking at YOUR mod thread again, because I wanted to look again at how you did your case lighting, because I'm getting set to do mine, and I thought of yours as an inspiration. I have to wait a couple days for the bank to get squared, and then I'm placing my order from Newegg. Not only will I be getting the lights, but I'm also getting a Seagate 250GB SATA 150 drive, and a VF700LEDcu.

Plus, I had a stroke of inspiration of my own, (I don't know why I didn't think of it before). I'm gonna replace the stock fan on my Big Typhoon with one of the 120mm UV fans I was going to use in my window before I changed my mind. And I have another tri-blade chrome grill - like the one on top of my case - that I'll use on it. It should be pretty cool.

Thank you Gig-O-Ram, goodgod, and -aDaM^! I appreciate the positive feedback.

The UV paint (seen here)is of the brand "FlexGlow" and I bought it at www.extremegeek.com
I'm not sure if they still have any left, but I still have an entire bottle of the blue, so if anyone is interested in it, just shoot me a PM ;)

I actually only applied one coat to everything I painted. The intensity dulls down a bit after a while, but it's still decent. I didn't get any bubbles either. It was applied by means of the applicator brush in the cap (kindof like nail polish).

And Gig-O-Ram, I also have one of those 250GB 7200.8 drives and I have no problems with it. The seek times are a little slow, but I think I'm just spoiled by my Raptor, LOL.

As far as the handles go, I am REALLY glad I put them in. To be honest, I would be having a hell of a time without them right now. The case fully loaded probably weighs like 50 pounds, and the handles make it much easier to move. Although I won't be taking it to any LAN parties, it makes my life much easier because I am constantly moving it off the desk and onto my bed where I can tinker with the parts and change things out. So for that, the handles are a life saver!

gvblake22 said:
Thank you Gig-O-Ram, goodgod, and -aDaM^! I appreciate the positive feedback.

And Gig-O-Ram, I also have one of those 250GB 7200.8 drives and I have no problems with it. The seek times are a little slow, but I think I'm just spoiled by my Raptor, LOL.

As far as the handles go, I am REALLY glad I put them in. To be honest, I would be having a hell of a time without them right now. The case fully loaded probably weighs like 50 pounds, and the handles make it much easier to move. Although I won't be taking it to any LAN parties, it makes my life much easier because I am constantly moving it off the desk and onto my bed where I can tinker with the parts and change things out. So for that, the handles are a life saver!

Firstly, your welcome! :cool:
Second, I'm glad that there is someone who has the drive I want. Would you say the seek times are slow in terms of slow for the average drive, or slow for SATA? I have always only had PATA, like my current Maxtor DM10. I don't know off hand what the seek times are, but I'm used to whatever it is. I've been hoping for slightly faster seeks with SATA.
Third, my case weighs about 42 pounds at the moment, but after the addition of the new drive and the VF700cu, it'll gain some.

The interface of the HDD really isn't going to make a difference, especially on seek times. The only thing that will really improve seek times is either higher density platters or faster spindle speeds. So as far as 7200rpm drives go, the 250GB 7200.8 is pretty average; not amazing, but not excessively slow either. I don't use it as my primary drive, it is currently my mass storage/backup drive. Let me put it this way...
I don't like to purchase things I haven't researched well and I prefer to buy things that perform well for the price and are highly reliable and quiet. ;)

gvblake22 said:
The interface of the HDD really isn't going to make a difference, especially on seek times. The only thing that will really improve seek times is either higher density platters or faster spindle speeds. So as far as 7200rpm drives go, the 250GB 7200.8 is pretty average; not amazing, but not excessively slow either. I don't use it as my primary drive, it is currently my mass storage/backup drive. Let me put it this way...
I don't like to purchase things I haven't researched well and I prefer to buy things that perform well for the price and are highly reliable and quiet. ;)

I gotcha...It sounds like it'll be pretty close to what I'm used to. I'm not going to use it as my primary either, only for lots of extra storage because of any future games I get that require lots of space, and for music storage. I have an 80GB external USB drive that my wife and I use for backup, so anything on my machine will be free storage.

Blue always looks bad ***.

Heres what mine turned out like...

sleeved.jpg

I think yours looks cooler thoe.

WOO! My thread is back from the dead!! HAHAHA
Thanks for the compliments, your case looks pretty nice too tyler. Those Tt Armor's are nice and roomy :thup:

Back